15th November 2018, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to opt Computer Science in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

Hi, I am very weak in Computer Science but strong in Mathematics. I am confused what I should do? I want to become a Software Engineer so it’s necessary for me to take Computer Science in Higher Secondary Science? Please tell me about this.

22nd November 2018, 08:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Computer Science in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

If you want to be a Software Engineer in future then definitely I would like to suggest you to opt for Computer Science as an additional subject in your 11th and 12th standard along with PCM stream. Once you will be done with your 12th standard then you have to apply for an Engineering Test and if you will able to qualify then you will have to choose the engineering stream such as Computer Science stream or Software Engineering.
22nd November 2018, 08:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Computer Science in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

Those who have studies mathematics at class 12th, can also complete BCA and MCA degree. Hence, computer science is not compulsory, but later on you have to study during the courses.

Those who have completed 12th with PCM stream, can apply for B.Tech CSE, which is also equivalent to MCA degree for Software Engineer job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?