2nd October 2018, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to opt Mathematics in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

Hi, I am very weak in Mathematics but strong in Biology. I am confused what I should do? I want to become a Software Engineer so its necessary for me to take Mathematics in Higher Secondary Science? Please tell me about this.

4th October 2018, 05:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Mathematics in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

Yes, maths is definitely required, if you want to become a software engineer. The best institutions like IITs offer B.Tech CSE and for that you have to complete 12th with PCM stream.

You can also go for MCA route, if you are not interested in B.Tech, but for that too, most of the top universities ask for maths at class 12th level.
5th October 2018, 12:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Mathematics in Higher Secondary Science to become a Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am very weak in Mathematics but strong in Biology. I am confused what I should do? I want to become a Software Engineer so its necessary for me to take Mathematics in Higher Secondary Science? Please tell me about this.

Yes, it is necessary to study Mathematics subject in Higher Secondary to become a software engineer. The aspirant has to choose PCM subjects in Higher Secondary and then choose BE or BTech in Computer Science to become a software engineer. The engineering graduation course also contains mathematics subject. Therefore, students who have studied mathematics as one of the subjects are preferred for the admission to study BE or BTech course.
5th October 2018, 03:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue Software engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates without mathematics are not eligible for admission.

So, it is necessary to have mathematics in 12th to get admission in software engineering course.
5th October 2018, 09:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in software engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, it is the pre requisite to have mathematics in 12th to get admission in software engineering course in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?