19th March 2014, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS certificate right to enter into defence?

Sir,i have completed my 10th & 12th through nios(open schooling)my age is 17yrs now.can i join airforce as an airmen or any other posts in army and navy?plz help me...

Related Questions:
  1. How can I enter into Defence being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Sc having completed NCC B Certificate and going to get C certificate?
  2. Can I do D.Pharma in AP after doing 12th from NIOS?
  3. Can I apply for US or any abroad countries with my certificate of NIOS board?
  4. NIOS certificate is authorized for Railway exam or Primary School Teacher?
  5. Medical Entrance Test Form for MBBS in Tripura Medical College -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to get admission for BBA or BBM with any of the US universities being a candidate of pursuing SSC course form NIOS?
  7. Can i apply for US or any abroad countries with my certificate of NIOS board?
  8. NIOS board is eligible for Defence services or not?
  9. Am I eligible to study MBBS in Chine? Is NIOS certificate valid in other countries?
  10. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th?
  11. Is NIOS SSC certificate genuine? Can I get admission at Santa Clara USA?
  12. How can I join in WLC college after completing 12th exam from NIOS
  13. Will NIOS marksheet certificate be acceptable in colleges of India?
  14. Can I be eligible for Aligarh Muslim University entrance after passing senior secondary from National Institute of Open Schooling Noida?
  15. How to apply for admission in national defence academy? Procedure to enter in National Defence Academy?
  16. How to get a defence job on the basis of NCC certificate?
  17. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks?
  18. Which course to study after passing NIOS senior secondary for a better future?
8th April 2014, 08:50 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is NIOS certificate right to enter into defence?

It is not that open schooling students are less in some qualification wise or talent wise. just is that you people complete all the exams and coursework in lesser period of time. The coursework might be little bit different but the basic degrees is of same level as done by regular students.

As in your case you are only 17 years of age so you can easily apply for AFCAT and other entrance exams and common admission test conducted by Boards for entry into Airforce or Navy. But one thing you have to remember is that you must have studied science at 12th class level then only you are eligible for entry into airforce and Navy but not necessary for army.

For army you need not require science as one of the subjects. only 10th level pass is also eligible for Army test. For getting into defence you can also appear at the NDA test and other recruitment test conducted by the Defence sector of India.
8th July 2019, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

12th pass From n.i.o.s can eligible in air Force job
12th January 2020, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir i don't have mathes in class 10 nios exam..can i join indian army
18th May 2020, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

I dont have math subject in 10th and i have home science in nios am i eligible for indian army
20th May 2020, 03:30 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Post Re: Is NIOS certificate right to enter into defence?

Yes, you are eligible to join defence sector. National Institute of Opening Schooling board is recognized by the central government of India. Also, it is equivalent to a regular board school. Hence, you are eligible to enter into defence sector if you have a National Institute of Opening Schooling certificate

NIOS certificate is acceptable in Defense sector. You can apply for GD post in CISF, CRPF, BSF and state government police. You can apply for Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force post through NDA exam.
9th February 2021, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can we get admission in godd coleege by nios marksheet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?