7th March 2019, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th BSEB to become an IAS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from BSEB Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this BSEB Board so that I can achieve my aim?

10th March 2019, 08:09 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th BSEB to become an IAS Officer?

There is no percentage criteria for IAS exam and you just need to have passing marks in class 12 and your degree. The only thing that will matter is the performance in the UPSC exam, which will have written exam and interview stages.

Just make sure you are well prepared for the exam according to its syllabus and pattern. Your class 12th marks are not taken into account for final merit for selection.
10th March 2019, 09:29 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to become an IAS Officer. To become an IAS Officer, you have to appear in UPSC IAS examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. So, you need not worry about your 12th standard percentage and concentrate on your degree course and prepare for IAS examination to become an IAS Officer.
10th March 2019, 09:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If one is interested to become an IAS officer then he or she has to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
There is no demand of specific percentage requirement in 12th or graduation however the candidate must have passed in all the academic exams.
10th March 2019, 09:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to be an IAS officer, a candidate should have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
Candidate must have passed in all academic exams in 12th as well as in graduation however there is no specific percentage requirement to appear in civil services exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?