9th July 2019, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th BSEB Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from BSEB Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this BSEB Board so that I can achieve my aim?

10th July 2019, 04:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th BSEB Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

To become an I.P.S officer, candidates have to appear and qualify in CIivl Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline in bachelor degree or intermediate qualification to appear for the examination.

So, you just need to do preparation for the examination as per the syllabus with dedication and determination to qualify in the examination.
10th July 2019, 04:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th BSEB Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

Candidates with qualifying marks in the intermediate and bachelor degree course are eligible to appear for the Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages.

So, you need to pursue bachelor degree and score minimum qualifying marks to become eligible to appear in examination.

The three stages of examination is Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2019, 08:45 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS Officer, you must have at least graduation in any discipline from any recognized university and there is no such requirements of percentage of 12th class.
To apply for IPS Officer recruitment, you will need to have sit in and qualify the UPSC Civil Services Exam, which is conducted every year and consists of three stages;
1. Civil Services Preliminary Exam

2. Civil Services Mains Exam

3. Interview/Personality Test
11th July 2019, 11:39 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for IPS officer exam:-

Having Graduation in any stream is a basic qualification from a government approved institution.
The candidates those who are in the final year graduation can also apply for this examination.

You must be at least 21 years old.

For a general candidate, the upper age limit will be 32 years.

For OBC, SC/ST candidates upper age limit will be 35 and 37 respectively.
11th July 2019, 04:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer i.e; for appearing in the Civil Services examination then there is no such requirement at any stage of academics and therefore a degree holder in any discipline with whatever percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2019, 07:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S officer you need to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages. Candidates with any stream in bachelor course with minimum passing marks are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, there is no consideration for 12th examination to appear in the examination.

For more detail about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?