1st October 2018, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th Haryana Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from Haryana Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this Haryana Board so that I can achieve my aim?

5th October 2018, 04:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Haryana Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. UPSC is Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance examination for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. There is no minimum required qualification to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree. Examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all the stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th October 2018, 06:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Haryana Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

To become an IAS officer you need to crack UPSC civil services exam and interview. Class 12th marks will not have any say in the final merit for selection of an IAS officer.

Hence, you just need pass marks in class 12th and degree to become eligible for civil services exam. Just make sure you are well prepared for IAS exam.
5th October 2018, 10:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on minimum required aggregate to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in all three stages for the final selection.

You will become eligible to appear in the examination after completion of bachelor degree. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th October 2018, 11:12 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become an IAS Officer you have to qualify Civil Services Examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

So that's no matter what percentage you can opt in 10+2.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?