17th May 2019, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th Himachal Pradesh Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from Himachal Pradesh Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this Himachal Pradesh Board so that I can achieve my aim?

21st May 2019, 10:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Himachal Pradesh Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

Percentage required in 12th HP Board exam to become an IAS officer:-
There are no Percentage required in 12th to become an IAS officer.
IAS exams can be written only after graduation and there is no cut off marks. Just a pass in the graduation exam is good enough for writing prelims by UPSC. But in the interview process, board may consider your consistency in academics as one of the evaluation criteria.So better to bring in consistent scores from 10th onwards.
21st May 2019, 11:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Himachal Pradesh Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

The candidate who is interested to become an IAS officer must have completed minimum qualification of graduation in any stream from a recognised University hence percentage is not the criteria to appear in UPSC exams.
Therefore, you need not to worry about your 12th percentage because it is mandatory that the candidate must have qualified in all academic exams.
21st May 2019, 11:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Examination.

The minimum required educational qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum qualifying marks.

So, aggregate in 12th or bachelor degree does not matter to become eligible to appear for the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2020, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I am from Himachal Pradesh . I want too be an IAS officer . IS it important to go out of state for coaching for cracking UPSC ?
7th August 2020, 09:03 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Percentage required in 12th Himachal Pradesh Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

In IAS officer exams there is no minimum percentage in 12th or Degree Exams.

No minimum percentage is mentioned anywhere in the UPSC Civil Sevices Notification. It means that the candidates who have only Passing percentage in the Degree Examinations are also eligible to apply in the UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?