14th April 2019, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

Hello, I am studying in 12th standard from WBCHSE Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this WBCHSE Board so that I can achieve my aim?

16th April 2019, 06:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

You don't need to focus on the class 12th board exam percentage if you are looking to become an IAS officer. There is no such requirement of a percentage to decide the merit for selection. You just need to perform well in the UPSC written exam and interview to get selected.

Only passing marks in class 12 and degree will make you eligible to appear for UPSC civil services exam. Selection will purely depend on your marks in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC.
17th April 2019, 01:13 AM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying in 12th standard from WBCHSE Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this WBCHSE Board so that I can achieve my aim?
No such minimum marks required in 12th standard. The candidate must graduation or its equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university without any pending backlog. The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years, and upper age relaxation will be applicable reserved category applicants.

- SC/ST- Upto 5 years
- OBC- Upto 3 years

Official website -> https://upsc.gov.in/
17th April 2019, 03:02 PM
Sunnyexpert

In order to become an IAS officer, you will have to complete your graduation first with a minimum of 60% in aggregate. After that you will have to appear for an entrance test called UPSC, once you are able to clear Civil Service examination, you can move ahead.
17th April 2019, 04:54 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IAS Officer, you will need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university after clearing 12th examination in any stream with minimum qualifying marks. Then you will have to qualify Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services examination. You must be between 21 and 32 years of age in order to be eligible for UPSC Civil Services. Candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST categories can get 3 years and 5 years of relaxation in maximum age limit respectively.
17th April 2019, 06:49 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dear,

As per information, there is no criteria of minimum percentage of marks in 12th standard.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.
Marks of 10th , 12th and even graduation doesn't matter in UPSC interview at all. UPSC examination has no relation with your 12th boards.

You have to keep in mind that you have to perform well in the UPSC civil services examination to be an IAS officer .However, the minimum eligibility is that you must be a graduate and must be at least 21 years old to give this exam.So,your 12th standard marks don't matter.

So, don't worry. Go ahead to fulfill your aim.

All the Best.
18th April 2019, 06:51 PM
divyanshuktr
Junior Member+

Hello Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services comes under UPSC . For applying in UPSC civil services examination you must be graduate.
So no such percentage is required in 12th, just you need to clear your 12th for taking admission in graduation.

Age Limit :

General Category Candidates should be between 21 years to 32 years, For OBC 3 years of age relaxation and for SC/ST 5 years of age relaxation.

Regards,
Divyanshu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?