23rd March 2019, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to secure 5th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Bhagdogra?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to admit my daughter in Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Bhagdogra for 5th standard in upcoming year. But I have heard that this school doesn’t take admission for 5th standard. Kindly let me know that is it possible to secure 5th standard admission in this school?

25th March 2019, 09:54 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure 5th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Bhagdogra?

You can admit your child in 5th class. Take the registration form from school on dated 2/4/2019 from 8 A.M to 9/4/2019 till 4 Pm during school hours. Admission test will not be conducted for class V and will be done on the category system. If the application is more than the seats, then lottery system will be followed in each category.

Categories are:-

1. Central Government employees - Children of Central governemnt employees and of ex-servicemen.
2. Transferable - Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of public sector undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the government of India.
3. Transfer - Children of transferable and non-transferable state government employees.
4. Autonomous bodies/public sector undertakings -Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous bodies.
5. Single girl child
26th March 2019, 08:46 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure 5th standard admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Bhagdogra?

Yes, you are partially correct. They take admission only if there is any vacancies in the class.
There is no admission test conducted from class 2nd to 8th. The admission is completely based on first cum first serve basis. Moreover, there should be vacancies in the class to get the admission.
The advertisement will be given by the Regional Office in the local newspapers in the Last week of February giving the information about the admission schedule .

The registration form will be available at the principle office with no cost.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?