3rd May 2019, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Science in Intermediate for a candidate with 47% in 10th Odisha Board?

Hello everyone, I am very much confused. I have scored only 47% marks in my 10th Board exam of Odisha Board. I live in Puri and want to secure admission for Science stream in Intermediate. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can get Science or not?

6th May 2019, 07:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Intermediate for a candidate with 47% in 10th Odisha Board?

Let me clear you that the candidate who wants to take admission in science stream in 11th standard must have passed 10th standard with put percentage above 70%.

As you have scored just 47% in 10th standard hence it would be very difficult for you to get admission in science stream.
6th May 2019, 08:41 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Intermediate for a candidate with 47% in 10th Odisha Board?

There are very very less chances for you to opt for science stream in intermediate after scoring 47% in your 10th because in order to opt for science stream, the candidate must have scored good percentage in 10th standard.
I think you are just going to get admission in Arts stream on the basis of your percentage.
6th May 2019, 08:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, you must have excellent marks in science and math at class 10th level to have any chance of getting science stream at any reputed school. If you have got just 47% marks then surely it will be difficult to get admission at any top school because cut off is very high.

You can try for admission at any low ranked schools where students don't want to get admission. There are good chances of getting science stream at such schools only. Also, if you are looking to study science then make sure you are ready for it because it requires you to have excellent basics in science and maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?