11th September 2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and entrance exams to join Indian Air Force on Intermediate basis?

Hello everyone, I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream and after passing my Intermediate course examination from Uttar Pradesh, I wish to join Indian Air Force and as such I wish to know what is the procedure and what are the entrance examinations to be passed to join IAF after passing Intermediate course examination?

14th September 2019, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and entrance exams to join Indian Air Force on Intermediate basis?

You can apply for NDA exam if you are looking for officer level job in Indian Air Force after class 12th. Just make sure you have got class 12th with PCM stream. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and SSB interview conducted by the UPSC.

You can also appear for Group X and Group Y trade in Indian Air Force. The recruitment is conducted by the Indian Air Force and class 12th pass candidates can apply for it. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and physical fitness test.
15th September 2019, 01:03 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and entrance exams to join Indian Air Force on Intermediate basis?

On the basis of intermediate degree in Science stream, you can join Indian Air force both as an commissioned officer as well as an airmen.

For entry as a commissioned officer, you are required to join NDA (National Defense Academy) by qualify NDA entrance examination. Also, for appearing in the same examination, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For entry as an airman, you are required to qualify its respective recruitment process and to apply for the same, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years. Also, your overall aggregate in Class 12th and English paper individually must be at least 50%. In addition, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For details and updates regarding different sorts of entries available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th September 2019, 10:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted for selection in defence services ( Army, Navy and Air Force ) by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination will be conducted in two stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

You can also join by Group X or Group Y entry recruitment examination conducted by Indian Air Force.
15th September 2019, 11:13 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can appear in various examination conducted for recruitment in Indian Air Force and after qualifying in all the stages will become eligible for final selection.

Examination is conducted by Indian Air Force as well as UPSC.

For NDA examination conducted by UPSC - only male candidates with age between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible. 12th in Physics and Mathematics compulsory. Two stages are :- Written and SSB.

Other entry for the selection is " X " or " Y " level entry. The minimum age limit is 18 years for both of the entry. You have to appear and qualify in written, physical and interview stages.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?