11th September 2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCom if completed Intermediate around 11 years ago?

Dear friends, I have passed my Intermediate course around 11 years ago. I want to continue my studies now. Can I get admission in BCom course now because I was a Commerce student till my Intermediate?

14th September 2019, 04:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCom if completed Intermediate around 11 years ago?

Yes, you can surely apply for BCom admission is you have class 12th qualification. The only issue will be admission in a regular degree course because they have an age limit for admission. Hence, you have to take admission in a distance mode degree because of age.

There are open universities like IGNOU available for you. You can easily apply for admission in such universities. You can try at regular universities too but chances are low for such courses.
15th September 2019, 12:57 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required for pursuing B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) degree course is a Class 12th in Commerce or Science stream from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your intermediate degree course even 11 years ago, you are eligible for seeking admission to B.Com. degree course if your stream of Class 12th studies is Science or Commerce as the gap after an academic year does not matter as far as the eligibility for pursuing a degree course is concerned.
15th September 2019, 10:56 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue B.Com course after gap year if you are interested or want to purse.

Gap year is no bar to get admission or pursue bachelor course after 12th in most of the colleges or universities. The eligibility criteria and admission procedure varies with institution and colleges.

So, visit the official website of institution for detail information.
15th September 2019, 12:45 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can complete your studies after 11 years of gap in your intermediate. You can complete your study through correspondence or through distance mode from a recognized university like IGNOU. Unfortunately regular colleges has their own criteria and it would be difficult to complete through regular institutes/colleges.

Yes, you can take admission in BCom as your background is commerce so you can continue with that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?