15th April 2019, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Railways for 12th Science student?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing my 12th standard with Science stream. I am interested to get work in Indian Railways. My aim is that I want to join Indian Railways. So, I want to know how can I join this Indian Railways?

18th April 2019, 07:31 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Railways for 12th Science student?

Yes, you can join railway after passing the 12th class with science stream(PCM -Physics, Chemistry and Maathematics). You need to give an entrance exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission), naming SCRA ( Special class Railway Apprentice). This exam registration.

Once you clear this exam you will get the training for 4 years under the Railways at BITS at Mesra or Ranchi. This is one of the top reputed engineering University. You will get the B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) degree and a job as Mechanical Engineer as an officer in Indian Railway.

Eligibility-

-> Candidate must have done 12th class with minimum 60% marks aggregate.
-> Candidate minimum age must be 17 years and maximum 21 years.

I am giving you the website name of UPSC from where you can get the SCRA application form. It is www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?