7th July 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

I want to take civil engineering. Which line I take after 10th, 12th science or 12th commerce or diploma?

7th July 2017, 08:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

If you want to pursue civil engineering degree course after completing your 12th standard then you have to choose non medical stream that is the combination of physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board.
In order to pursue civil engineering from a government college you have to appear in JEE mains exam that can be given by the students who have completed their 12th standard with non medical stream.
7th July 2017, 11:21 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

Most definitely science as you will get to learn Physics Chemistry & Mathematics. These three subjects you will not get to study in commerce or arts stream. So science stream would be good for you.
8th July 2017, 09:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to take civil engineering. Which line I take after 10th, 12th science or 12th commerce or diploma?
After 10th standard, you can't apply for B.Tech in Civil Engineering. but after completion of 12th standard, you can apply for B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry from a recognized board are eligible for B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

Even, if you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering then also you can do B.Tech in Civil Engineering through lateral entry exam.
8th July 2017, 11:33 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To become a civil engineer you can opt for 12th science stream or you can opt for diploma in civil engineering. After completing 12th standard you have to appear for Joint Entrance examination to get admission into bachelor's degree in civil engineering. If you opt for diploma then after completing that you can get admission directly in the 2nd year of civil engineering through lateral entry examination. So, it depends upon you what you want.
8th July 2017, 02:58 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

To become a civil engineer in future you have to be from a science stream.
So after completion of your 10th standard, you need to choose science stream for your higher secondary education with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as your main subjects.
8th July 2017, 07:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion you can take admission in Science stream after completion of your 10th class.

After completion of your 12th class then you have to take admission in Bachelor of Techonology in Civil Engineering course. Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

Candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board. The name of best college for you are given below.

1. Anurag Engineering College, Nalgonda

2. Kannur University, Kannur

3. University of Delhi - DU, Delhi
8th July 2017, 10:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can either choose either 10+2 with science stream or diploma in Civil Engineering. In science stream, you should choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory to get admission in engineering.

After 10+2, you can apply for engineering entrance exam like Joint Entrance Examination, SRMEEE, VITEEE etc.

Diploma candidates can apply for LEET to get admission directly in second year of engineering.
8th July 2017, 11:43 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Either you can take PCM group in science stream or you can do diploma in civil engineering. After completion of intermediate you can give IIT JEE which is an entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech. In case you opt for diploma in civil engineering then you can get admission in directly second year of engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance Test(LEET). Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?