25th January 2019, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IPS Officer for 10th Kerala Board student?

Hello everyone, I am a 10th student. I am studying from Kerala Board. I want to become an IPS Officer . For this, I want to start preparation from now. I want your help for this. I want to know what I have to do from now to achieve my aim.

31st January 2019, 04:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for 10th Kerala Board student?

1. 10th Board passed candidates can not become Indian Police Services officer. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree.

2. You need to pursue bachelor's degree first and attain minimum age of 21 years to become eligible for Civil Services exam.

3. There are three stages of this exam to be cleared to join Indian Police Services exam.
31st January 2019, 08:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to be IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, being a student of Class 10th, you are required to first complete your Class 10th followed by intermediate degree and then graduation degree in any discipline of your interest from a recognised university.

Apart from the educational qualification mentioned above, you must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years with upper age limit relaxation available for reserved category candidates as per the government norms to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination. Physical fitness as per the service requirement norms is also essential.

For complete details regarding the eligibility conditions, examination pattern, syllabus of the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2019, 08:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer you will have to clear the Civil Service examination.

To clear the examination, you will have to appear in the examination and for appearing in the examination, the required eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you need to follow the proper strategy to qualify in the examination. Proper guidance is mandatory to qualify in the examination.

For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2019, 09:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination now, but you will have to appear and qualify in the examination for final selection after bachelor degree.

So, along with pursuing the academic qualification you can start the preparation for examination with fundamentals.

The fundamentals include :-

Notes of NCERT books of Social Science.

Reading The Hindu or Indian Express.

Current Affairs and making habit of writing which will helpful for Mains writing.
1st February 2019, 05:11 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Steps to become an IPS Officer for 10th Kerala Board student are as follows.

1). Age of the candidates must be between the 21-32 years (for the General category candidate) on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limit is 35 years for OBC candidates, 37 years for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST).

2). Passed 12th examination in any discipline from a recognized board.
3). Passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
4). Appear and qualify Civil Services examination (CSE) conducted by UPSC.
The Civil Services examination consists of two main parts i.e.
Preliminary examination,
Mains examination and
Interview/Personality Test

Hence you have to crack all the rounds of CSE to become an IPS Officer.

Last edited by ppsahu; 5th February 2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Remove *
1st February 2019, 06:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to pass your school exams and then take admission in a degree course. After that you need to apply for UPSC Civil Services exam, which will have written exam and interview to decide the merit for selection.

You need to opt for IPS cadre, if you want to become an IPS officer. Hence, just concentrate on your studies and make sure you have got top quality study material according to the syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?