9th July 2018, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th Kerala Board to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 9th standard from Kerala Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Board so that I can achieve my aim?

12th July 2018, 02:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Kerala Board to become an IPS Officer?

To become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed by bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates age must be between 21-32 years.

So, you have to pursue minimum bachelor degree qualification to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th July 2018, 07:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

No limitation on minimum required aggregate in 10th, 12th or bachelor degree.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination now.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th July 2018, 10:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually the percentage does not matter if you want to become an IPS officer but the candidate must have qualified the academics with good grades. One must have completed graduation in any discipline from recognised University in order to appear in civil services examination and on qualifying the civil services examination you will have the opportunity to work as an IPS officer.
12th July 2018, 10:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, specific percentage is required to become an IPS officer.
A candidate must have passed in all the academic records in order to appear in civil services examination.
Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
The marks and the rank secured in the exam like preliminary, mains and interview will going to give you the idea of getting selected for the post of an IPS officer.
13th July 2018, 12:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S is Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is among the toughest examination and one need to do hard and smart work to qualify in the examination.

The required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

Do not worry about required aggregate to appear in examination as there is no limitation.

The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you do not need to worry about aggregate in 10th board examination to appear in Civil Service examination.
13th July 2018, 10:29 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and for becoming an IPS officer, you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once in a year.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 10th to apply for the Civil services examination then I would like to let you know that the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any stream/subject from a recognized university. Marks and stream of academics at any level of academics does not have any significance for deciding the eligibility of a candidate for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th July 2018, 01:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 9th standard from Kerala Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Board so that I can achieve my aim?

There are no percentage criteria required in the 10th Kerala Board to become an IPS Officer. Interested candidates have to clear the 10th and 12th examinations and then study a bachelor’s degree in any stream to become an IPS Officer in the future. Candidates have to appear for the civil service examinations conducted by the UPSC to become an IPS Officer. The civil service examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. Civil Service Examination is one of the toughest examinations in India.
14th July 2018, 01:57 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific percentage of marks required in 10th to become IPS Officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. There is a single exam to recruits IPS Officer. The name of this exam is Civil Services Examination. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is available for reserved category.

Candidate must be an Indian.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2018, 04:11 PM
Your career buddy

Really proud to have dedicated students like you! Coming to your question, there is no minimum cutoff to be eligile for UPSC exam.
Only thing regarding 10th and 12 th which matters are, u should have passed it,as upsc asks for a graduation degree,which is impossible to get without passing 1oth and 12th.
HOPE THIS ANSWER HELPS!
ALL THE BEST!
14th July 2018, 06:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No percentage criteria in 10th standard is required to become an IPS officer. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. So, after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue HSC and Bachelor's degree course in any discipline of your interest from a recognised board/ university to be eligible to apply for IAS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?