22nd January 2019, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Is taking Biotechnology in Higher Secondary Education of CBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to take Biotechnology in Higher Secondary of CBSE. But I also want to join Civil Services. So, I want to confirm that studying Biotechnology creates any problem if I am looking for Civil Services?

27th January 2019, 12:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is taking Biotechnology in Higher Secondary Education of CBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

No, taking Biotechnology subject in Higher Secondary Education of CBSE Board doesn’t create any problem for you to join in Civil Services. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for Civil Services. So, you can choose any stream of your interest for pursuing Higher Secondary course and after completion of your Bachelor’s degree course, you can apply for Civil Services.
27th January 2019, 01:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is taking Biotechnology in Higher Secondary Education of CBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, even if you pursue biotechnology in higher secondary then you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

For information about Civil Service Examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th January 2019, 02:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is among the toughest examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Final year candidates are eligible to apply for the examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you will become eligible to appear for the examination after 12th or bachelor degree in any discipline.
27th January 2019, 07:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in the Civil Services examination, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further, subject/stream at level of academics does not matter as far as the eligibility for the same examination is concerned.

So, even you opt for Biotechnology for your higher secondary school education, you will be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services after your completion graduation degree in any discipline as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details and updates regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?