22nd June 2016, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Total number of permissible attempts for JEE Main to get admission in IIT Colleges?

Hello,
I am studying 12th from BSEB, Patna. I want to study Engineering from IIT colleges. I know after passing JEE Main I can get admission in IITs. So, please tell me number of attempts for JEE Main?

23rd June 2016, 01:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Total number of permissible attempts for JEE Main to get admission in IIT Colleges?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. This exam has two stages, JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced and number of attempts for both stages vary.

*For JEE Main exam, there are three consecutive attempts, one in year in which you appeared for 12th board exam and two in next consecutive years.

*For JEE Advanced, there are only two consecutive attempts for this exam, one in year in which you appear for board exams and other in coming year following it.

You can not get admission in IIT after JEE Main, you will have to crack JEE Advanced after it in order to get admission in IIT in any discipline of engineering.
23rd June 2016, 02:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Total number of permissible attempts for JEE Main to get admission in IIT Colleges?

The total no. of attempts for JEE Mains exam are three.These attempts should be consecutive. Hence you can apply for this exam directly after +2 and two Consecutive more years.
23rd June 2016, 03:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The maximum number of attempts given to the candidate to appear in JEE Mains are limited to 3 only and there is not relaxation given to candidates of reserved categories in number of attempts. Make sure that these attempt should be given in consecutive years only.
23rd June 2016, 04:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for JEE Mains:-

The candidate must have passed with Physics, Chemistry,Mathematics from recognised board.

Minimum percentage for General is 50%.and 45% for Reserved categories.

Age should be between 17years to 25 years.

Maximum number of attempts are Ltd to three only.
23rd June 2016, 05:15 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying 12th from BSEB, Patna. I want to study Engineering from IIT colleges. I know after passing JEE Main I can get admission in IITs. So, please tell me number of attempts for JEE Main?

The total number of permissible attempts for JEE Main Examination is 3 times only.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted for the purpose admission to the undergraduate degree in IITs, NITs and other Centrally funded Technical Institutions. If you want to study in those institutions you have to appear and clear the JEE Main. The aspirant can find the details in the JEE website Official Website
23rd June 2016, 06:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Earlier the maximum number of attempts for JEE(Main) examination was 2 years but now the maximum number of attempts has been extended to 3 times consecutively.

So, try to do well in your examination in the very first attempt only and need not go for the 2nd or 3rd attempt.
23rd June 2016, 06:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Earlier the maximum number of attempts for JEE(Main) examination was 2 years but now the maximum number of attempts has been extended to 3 times consecutively.

So, try to do well in your examination in the very first attempt only and need not go for the 2nd or 3rd attempt.
23rd June 2016, 07:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can only apply three times for JEE Main exam. There is no relaxation available of any kind to any candidate. Number of attempts is limited to 3 for every candidate.

For admission in IIT you need to clear JEE Main and then also appear on JEE Advanced. Merit will be prepared on the basis of score in JEE and class 12th marks.
23rd June 2016, 08:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There are three consecutive attempts for Joint Entrance Examination Main and two for Joint Entrance Exam Advanced. The admission in IIT is given on basis of rank secured in JEE Advanced exam not in Main exam. JEE Main is first stage and those clear it, appear for JEE Advanced exam.

Suppose you appeared for 10+2 board exams in 2017 then you can apply for JEE Main in 2017, 2018 and 2019 whereas you will be eligible for Advanced in 2017 and 2018 only.
23rd June 2016, 10:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The total number of attempts that you are allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. You can't get admission in IIT by passing JEE Main examination. To get admission in IIT, you must have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard.
23rd June 2016, 11:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Joint Entrance Exam(JEE) is a national level engineering Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE New Delhi, for admission to various government and private engineering colleges in the country. It is conducted in two phases.

1. JEE Main
2. JEE Advanced.

According to your question, only three attempts are allowed to write JEE Main exam to every applicant.
23rd June 2016, 11:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after qualifying in Main stage of JEE.

JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection in IIT.

The total number of permissible attempts to appear for JEE is :-

Main - 3.

Advanced -2.

Candidates after qualifying in Main stages are eligible to appear for Advanced.
24th June 2016, 05:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

According to the JEE Main eligibility criteria, the candidate is allowed for a maximum of 3 attempts to qualify the above said examination. So, you must qualify within 3 times in order to be eligible for taking admission.
24th June 2016, 07:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
24th June 2016, 09:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a common engineering entrance examination held for selection of deserving candidates for their admission in B.tech / B.Arch. / B.Planning from top government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other Centrally funded Institutes of technology.

JEE is conducted by CBSE and it includes of two stages which are called as JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

As far as you are concerned about the maximum number of attempts allowed for clearing the same same examination, then it is three consecutive attempts.

Also as you are looking for admission in IIT ( Indian Institutes of Technology ) which are best engineering colleges so you will have to clear both stages of JEE i.e; JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced. By clearing only JEE Main there is chances of your admission in NITs not IITs.

For more details about the eligibility criteria, question pattern and previous year papers of same examination you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
24th June 2016, 11:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. This is the entrance examination for all those candidates who want to do undergraduate courses in engineering from various engineering colleges of India like NITs, IITs and other top engineering colleges of India. Those who have done or appearing for board exams can apply for this exam.

One of the most important eligibility criteria for this examination is that aspirant must have taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th board exams and have secured minimum of 50% marks.

The total number of attempts for JEE Main is three and that for JEE Advanced is two. All these attempts are consecutive one following other in years starting from board examination year. You will have to pass in both JEE Main and Advanced to get admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?