20th July 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria and age limit required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

Sir,

I am 26 years old nd a B.A. pass female graduate with 42% marks aggregate. I want to become a teacher in any of the government aided school / central school/ MCD schools. Can u plzz tell me from which university I can do b.ed with distant learning and after completion of b.ed what are the age limit, eligibility conditions for PGT Or TGT in such schools. What is the pay scale? Is there any hope for my career? Eagerly waiting for ur reply in detail.

Related Questions:
21st July 2015, 03:00 PM
vickyhansi

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and age limit required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

Eligibility for TGT:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university in concerned areas.

You must consist at least 55% marks in graduation to join TGT exam.

Upper age limit is 35 years. You should also possess a B.Ed degree.

You have to apply CTET exam. In case of PGT Post, you should be passed post graduation in any discipline. Age limit should not be above 50 years. You should have also around 2 years of Teaching experience also.
21st July 2015, 07:31 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and age limit required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

The eligibility criteria is as follows:

* Candidate must hold a Master's degree from UGC recognized university with at least 55% marks or should have completed two years integrated post graduate course from regional institute of education of NCERT.

* Candidate must hold a B.Ed or equivalent degree with methodology in the respective subject.

* Age limit is 40-55 years of age.

The official website is http://www.theteachersofindia.com/PGT-TGT-PRT.html
29th April 2016, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

What is eligibility for post grasuate teacher in uttar pradesh government ? B.ed is compulsory in uttar pradesh PGT teacher?
21st January 2017, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I have did my graduation in 2013 by IGNOU with history hons and 12th with Math & Science.My DOB is May 1986. I want establish my career in teaching.I have 3 years teaching experience in a private school since 2006 to 2009 and after it I am working in BPO sector as sinior customer care Executive and Activation officer. So kindly guide me that what I should to do after it...kindly reply me on my gmail:[email protected]
19th March 2017, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Í have done m com and my age is 32 want to joint the teaching line... Please suggest which courses I need to go for and which exams shall I give to get govt job
23rd October 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I'm 41 years old. I am government teacher in Basic. Can I fill up for the post of up pgt after age 40 years. Please tell about age limitations for pgt
24th October 2017, 01:32 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

TGT stands for Trained Graduate Teacher.

Eligibility criteria:

Age limit is minimum 21 years and no upper limit.

Candidates should be complete graduation or any equivalent degree with at least of 55% marks.

Candidate should must be Indian citizen.

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher.

Eligibility criteria:

Age criteria: Maximum 40 years.

Candidate should must be Indian citizen.

B.Ed or equivalent qualification from recognized university.

Post graduate or M.Sc course of regional college of education of NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
28th January 2018, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I take exam of DSSSB below 18 years??And is there other field except teaching??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?