17th February 2023, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum marks reqired in pcm to get into NIT?

Sir, i earned 62% in pcm in year 2016 and i am preparing for jee main 2017. So i request you please give the information about nit addmision on the basis of pcm. Somebody called me you have not 75% in pcm that you are not able to nit colleges

18th February 2023, 12:38 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: What is the minimum marks reqired in pcm to get into NIT?

The minimum marks required in PCM to get into NITs (National Institutes of Technology) vary depending on the institute and the category of the candidate. Generally, candidates must have a minimum of 75% marks in their class 12 board exams or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective board. In addition to this, they must have a valid score in the JEE Main exam. The cutoff scores for admission to NITs are released every year by the JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) after the JEE Main exam results are declared. The cutoff scores also vary depending on the institute and the course. It is recommended that candidates check the official website of NITs or JoSAA for detailed information on cutoffs and admission procedures.
19th February 2023, 12:00 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in NIT (National Institute of Technology) and for getting admission NITs for pursuing B.E./B.Tech. one is required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main.

Further, having completed your Class 12th in 2016, you are not eligible for appearing in JEE Main now and therefore for getting admission to NITs as a candidate is allowed to appear in JEE Main only thrice which includes the attempts made by the student in the year of qualifying their Class 12th and attempts in following two years.

For complete details regarding the JEE Main eligibility, you can refer to the link https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/eligibility-criteria/.
21st February 2023, 03:30 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

You need to score at-least 75% in XII to get into various NIT's IITs . Marks in PCM doesn't matter if you have crossed the line .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?