25th June 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?

Dear Sir,
I have a desire to study Genetic Engineering. Right now I am a 12th student, studying PCM stream. Kindly tell me what I have to do after 12th to read Genetic Engineering?

25th June 2016, 07:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?

To study Genetic Engineering course after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board, you must have to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like EAMCET, KCET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of four years Genetic Engineering course.
25th June 2016, 07:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?

Admission to this course is carried out based on the marks secured in the final exams of 10+2 and through entrance exams conducted at state and national level or through the entrance exams conducted by the concerned institution. Admission in IIT's for this course is made through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) performance.

Eligibility criteria required to do graduation degree (B.E. / B.Tech) in Genetic engineering is 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.

The candidate must have studied Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology or bachelors degree in Science or Molecular Biology.
25th June 2016, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have a desire to study Genetic Engineering. Right now I am a 12th student, studying PCM stream. Kindly tell me what I have to do after 12th to read Genetic Engineering?
You have completed 12th standard with PCM, So you are not eligible for Genetic Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for Genetic Engineering course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
25th June 2016, 10:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For genetic engineering admission you have to appear for entrance exam which is conducted by the concerned university. Class 12th with PCMB is the the required qualification for admission.

If you have not studied biology with PCM then it will be difficult to get admission in this field. JEE Main is the best option for you to get admission.
25th June 2016, 11:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

Nice to see that you are interested in the Genetic Engineering. You can apply for B.Tech in Genetic Engineering course after completing 12th standard.

- The candidate must have qualified +2 with the subject combination of Biology, Chemistry and Maths from a recognized university and final year candidate may also eligible to apply.

After completing 12th class you need to appear qualify in the engineering entrance examination like IIT JEE, WBJEE, ORJEE, KIITEE, VITEEE etc. So, prepare well for the engineering entrance examination to get admission.
26th June 2016, 03:48 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in Genetic Engineering course, you will have to appear for EAMCET examination and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to get a seat in any good college. You should however prepare well for your examination and try to score better to get admission in good and top ranked colleges.
22nd February 2017, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I didn't take physics for my a level. And I want to study genetic engineering in canada. Is it possible studying genetic engineering without taking physics in A level.
18th September 2017, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am a 12th passed student from PCB and I have scored above 60%and now I have a desire to become a genetic engineer but I don't know what are the courses that I should do now. Even if the courses are available I don't have fee to pay for it. I need a scholarship to study forward so kindly give me a suggestion and a chance to prove myself. Thank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?