6th May 2015, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

What should I prefer among ICSE, CBSE and PSEB after completing 10th ICSE to become a Software Engineer?

Hi Sir,
What should I prefer ICSE or CBSE or PSEB?
I am doing 10th with ICSE Board and in
future I want to become a Software Engineer.
So, after my 10th what I should prefer?

Related Questions:
8th May 2015, 10:56 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I prefer among ICSE, CBSE and PSEB after completing 10th ICSE to become a Software Engineer?

If you have completed your class 10th or pursuing your class 10th, then after 10th continue with ISC board only in class 11th with science stream, as it is good for your engineering field and you are also familiar with the study pattern of ICSE board so it won't be difficult for you in future. So it better that you opt for ICSE board only which is known as ISC board in class 11th.
8th May 2015, 11:01 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I prefer among ICSE, CBSE and PSEB after completing 10th ICSE to become a Software Engineer?

You can pursue your higher studies from any Board in which you are interested whether it is State Board or CBSE Board or ISC Board. Since, you have completed your 10th standard from ICSE Board, you can pursue your 11th and 12th standard from ISC Board without changing the school or you can also join in CBSE or PSEB Board for pursuing your higher studies. I suggest you to opt for CBSE Board because, most of the competitive examination papers are set by considering CBSE Board syllabus, so, if you pursue your 11th and 12th standards from CBSE Board, you can score good marks in Engineering entrance examinations and you can get admission in top engineering colleges for pursuing your B.Tech course.
8th May 2015, 05:41 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

You can join in any board as per your wish, because choosing of any particular board cannot help you to become a software engineer. To become a software engineer, you should join in B.Tech(Computer Science or IT) or any other IT related courses after the completion of your 12th standard and you should learn some programming languages like C, JAVA, etc. which will help you to become a software engineer.
If you particularly want to choose any board, I suggest you to choose CBSE board. That's because the 11th standard and 12th standard CBSE syllabus, will help you to prepare for state level and National level engineering entrance exams and to get admission in good engineering college.
9th May 2015, 02:01 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Your board does not decides or helps in getting into the software industry. Every board is fine and your hard work is the most important thing that will take you to your destination.
The board is just a name, but when it comes to the reputation and status. The respective state boards lie a little behind in from of ICSE and CBSE boards, this is a bitter truth.
If you want to continue with the ICSE board, then also there is no harm but if you want to study in the most famous and prestigious board in the country, then you may shift yourself to CBSE
9th May 2015, 11:12 PM
Parshantsingla

Hey, There is no issue with your board of education. If you doing 10th from ICSE board then continue with it there is no problem with this. But make sure you do your study with better marks. And as you said you want to be an software engineer so for that complete your 12th class. Fill the form of AIEEE or IIT. And take good ranking on one of them then choose your stream.

And one more thing if you want to software engineer only then you can choose IT(information technology) stream. And wants to be software and hardware engineer then choose CSE(Computer science & Engineering) Stream. Both are approximate same.

Best of luck...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?