2nd April 2016, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Whether a differently abled candidate is eligible to study Science additionally in 10th ICSE? Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS will enable his admission in Professional colleges?

Dear Sir,
My relative is appearing for 10th ICSE Board exam with Economics as a subject. He is differently abled and therefore he was advised by the school to drop Science. In case he wishes to pursue Science subjects subsequently, can he appear for additional Science subjects through ICSE Board? If yes, then can he study privately or he will be compulsorily required to attend school? If not ICSE, then can he appear for Science subjects (additional subjects) through NIOS enabling him to acquire technical skills for his future growth. Can he do his 12th also through NIOS. If yes, then whether the certificate of 12th NIOS will have equal recognition for admission to professional colleges? These questions are being asked to enable him to find more time for his sports activities (because his first choice is to become a footballer) and enable him to study at his convenience. Please advise.
Regards,
Dev

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  2. Is it beneficial to study 10th NIOS for a candidate who doesn't cope up with ICSE syllabus?
  3. Eligibility to study BBM in Abroad for NIOS candidate?
  4. Is it possible to get 10th readmission in another school when failed before in ICSE board?
  5. Can I get admission to study Regular B.Tech being a 12th Science NIOS candidate?
  6. Colleges which offers Science in 11th ISC for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in VNSG University if completed 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  8. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  9. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  10. How can i study abroad after passing 10th grade from ICSE board?
  11. Can I study Journalism being a 12th NIOS Arts candidate?
  12. Possibility to study Marine after completion of 12th Accountancy? Does all colleges accepted NIOS certificate?
  13. Should I opt for Science in 12th ISC if secured 50% in 10th ICSE?
  14. Am I eligible to get job if pursuing 10th NIOS Board?
  15. Can I get admission to study in 12th NIOS immediately if completed 10th NIOS?
  16. What is the procedure follwoed for admission in 11th ICSE board after passing 10th from NIOS?
  17. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
3rd April 2016, 08:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a differently abled candidate is eligible to study Science additionally in 10th ICSE? Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS will enable his admission in Professional colleges?

Look, if you wish to take science subjects to study in future and if you are not getting the same from the school or facing any kind of problem, then you can definitely study science subjects through NIOS Board without any fear. you can also study class 12th through NIOS Board, there will be no problem.
Let me clear your confusion. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding any higher studies in colleges.
4th April 2016, 01:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a differently abled candidate is eligible to study Science additionally in 10th ICSE? Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS will enable his admission in Professional colleges?

Yes, if he is able to continue with his studies taking up science, then he can surely go for it, there is no issue.

If he is able to attend school on a regular basis, he will have to attend and if not, then the management will have to allow him to study as a private candidate under ICSE norms.

If not ICSE, the he can surely appear for his board examination from NIOS board. Yes, he can pursue his 12th class also from NIOS.

The certificates will be very much recognized n future as NIOS is also a recognized board. He can even simultaneously do hiss football training if he is interested in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?