10th December 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Why I haven't gotten a scholarship having secured 10 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

Sir,
I have acquired 10 CGPA in 10th Board exams. Later, I have transferred to another school. The 10 CGPA awardees of my new school got their scholarship of Rs 5000. But I wasn't given, so what should I do?

15th March 2016, 07:51 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Why I haven't gotten a scholarship having secured 10 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

It is exhilarating to see that students these days are so hardworking and intelligent. Getting a full score in any board examination is so difficult. You have achieved it by your merit. You are right such meritorious students get scholarships from the government as well as the school. You have to write an application to your school principal and your local counselor.
This application will contain the following things
1) The photocopy of your 10th standard marksheet and certificate
2) The admit card of your 10th standard to ensure the name of the school from where you passed and the year of passing.
3) A photocopy of your address proof.
4) A cover letter mentioning that you obtained 10 CGPA in your qualifying examination. Ask your counselor and your school principal to look for any available scholarship and to include you under the same. Do not write in a commanding tone. Your letter should not order them to give you scholarship. You should plead them to do the needful. Otherwise they will never respond to you. Also mention that you heard about the scholarship of Rs.5000. Ask your principal if you could be included in the same.
If you provide your application in such a manner, you will definitely get a response from them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?