11th December 2015, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.E. with 81 marks in JEE Main and 86% in 12th PSEB?

Sir,
I belong to SC category and I have scored 81 marks in JEE Main and 86% in 12th PSEB. So can I get admission in B.E. course?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Tech if scored 106 marks in JEE Main and secured 63.14% in 12th PSEB?
  2. Can I get admission in B.Tech with 106 marks in JEE Main and 72% in 12th PSEB?
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  4. Eligibility to study B.Tech with 47% in 12th and 91 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(ECE) if secured 78% in 12th and scored 58 marks in JEE Main? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  8. Can I get admission with scholarship in Lovely Professional University to study B.Tech if secured 94% in 12th Board exam and scored 88 marks in JEE Main?
  9. Minimum marks required in 12th RBSE to study in AIT, Pune for SC candidate?
  10. Can I get admission in UIET after scoring 104 in JEE mains and 88% in 12th
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT if scored 97 marks in JEE Main?
  12. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  13. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Mathematics) in IGNOU if secured 76.88% in 12th PSEB and 66% in Mathematics? Fee expenses and documents required to submit?
  14. Possibility to get admission in NIT with 138 marks in JEE Main and 80% in 12th Board exam? With this marks and percentage I can appear in JEE Advanced?
  15. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in Nirma University for a candidate who has secured 94% In 12th GSEB?
  16. Can I get admission next year with this year JEE Main scorecard after completing 12th BSEB?
  17. Detailed information about Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 91% in 12th and scored 134 marks in JEE Main?
  18. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?
15th March 2016, 08:10 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.E. with 81 marks in JEE Main and 86% in 12th PSEB?

The percentage that you obtained in PSEB or Punjab School Education Board is very impressive. But the marks that you obtained in JEE Main is really low. I hope that you are mentioning the marks that you have obtained out of 300 in JEE Main. If 81 is your obtained marks out of 300, then it is very low score. I doubt if it will fetch you any rank in the JEE Main. Even if it does, you will not get admission in a good college. If you want to make it in government engineering colleges, then the rank obtained by you should be within 100 or even 1000. That means your score in each paper should be more than 70%. My suggestion would be from here you can think of two options.
The percentage that you have obtained in PSEB is very high. So you can choose general streams like Electronics or Chemistry or Mathematics or Statistics honors.
But if you have a deep passion for engineering, then wait for one more year. Sit for the JEE one more time next year. This time obtain a rank of 81 or something around it. If possible join JEE coaching centers to sharpen your answer skills. If you get a good rank, you can study engineering at a nominal cost at any government engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?