31st March 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Will there be a problem if I am not 17 years old when giving the 12th exam from CBSE board?

SIR,

I AM KARTHICK STUDYING 10th STANDARD IN A MATRICULATION SCHOOL.I AM ALSO ATTENDING CLASSES IN AN IIT COACHING CENTER FAR AWAY FROM MY RESIDENCE.I WANT TO MOVE TO CITIES AND JOIN A CBSE SCHOOL.BUT SOME PERSONS TOLD ME THAT YOU ARE YOUNG AND WHEN YOU ARE STUDYING 12th YOU CAN TAKE UP THE PUBLIC EXAM AND YOU HAVE SPEND AN YEAR FOR THAT.MY AIM IS TO JOIN A CBSE SCHOOL PREPARE FOR IIT ENTRANCE.FOR THIS MY AGE DIFFERENCE IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME.PLEASE HELP ME!
NOTE:MY AGE WILL BE 16AND HALF WHEN TAKE MY 12 EXAM.IT SHOULD BE 17.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether to take State board or CBSE board for 12th improvement exam? Will CBSE be beneficial in long run?
  2. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  3. Can I face any problem if changing board and appearing in JEE having failed in 12th CBSE exam?
  4. Is CBSE Board awarding scholarship of Rs. 25,000 to 12th qualified candidate?
  5. After giving 10th 2nd summative exam can a student continue his 12th in CBSE board or should he leave the CBSE board?
  6. Admission in any Medial college for MBBS after compartment in 12th standard CBSE board? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Last 5 years question papers of mentioned subjects for 12th CBSE Board exam?
  8. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  9. At what age a candidate can appear in 10th CBSE Board exam if studying in LKG at the age of 3 years old?
  10. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  11. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  12. Can I change school when doing 12th in same CBSE board?
  13. Is it necessary to change school board for doing 11th and 12th after giving the 10th exam?
  14. Eligibility to appear in 12th CBSE Board exam at the age of 17 years old?
  15. Percentage required in 12th Board exam to get CBSE Scholarship?
  16. Is Shifting from Gujarat board to CBSE board a good option? Will it cause any problem for a 7th year student to adopt?
  17. How to prepare for IIT JEE? I have done my class 11th from CBSE board
  18. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
31st March 2015, 01:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be a problem if I am not 17 years old when giving the 12th exam from CBSE board?

No, there will not be any problem as the minimum age required to appear for 10th CBSE is 14 years that makes you current age eligible to appear for 12th board examination.

You can surely take up admission in any CBSE school and move forwar with your preparation of IIT entrance examination or any other examination if you wish to.
31st March 2015, 01:50 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will there be a problem if I am not 17 years old when giving the 12th exam from CBSE board?

No There will be no problem in your admission in class 12th as you have appeared for class 10th board exam at the age of 14 as the candidate should be of minimum 14 years old when appearing for class 10th.

The time when you will reach class 12th at that time you will be eligible for your class 12th board exam so don't worry about eligibility.
31st March 2015, 10:04 PM
SmilyRishu

As per Central Board Of Secondary Education the candidate must be at least 14 years old while appearing in the matriculation exam.
So with this pattern your minimum age for appearing in the higher secondary education should be 16 year. So there is no problem in your current case.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?