5th January 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?

Dear sir/madam,
I am a b.tech 2nd ECE student. I would like to join Indian Air Force. Can I know the procedure as well as the required documents.
thanks...

24th February 2013, 11:04 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?

hi,
Dear candidate after b.tech you can join air force through cdse(combined defence service examination.
Cdse is conducted by upse twice in a year.being,a b.tech candidate your back ground was science so it is mandatory to join your subjects in 12th standard must be physics and mathematics.

There are three wings army/navy/air force after successful completion of c.d.s you can join air force.your age must be 19 years to 24 years,you must be the indian citizen.you must clear written/physical/nedical tests.
These are the criteria after b.tech a candidate can join by maintaining these stipulated norms,if think information given here is insufficient you can visit official website to know detail about c.d.s.e of upsc.

thank you............................
9th July 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?

Now i m final year cst student . but up to last sem percentage aggregate is 58 so can i apply to IAF?
10th July 2013, 05:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Tech you can apply for CDS examination. The exam is conducted by UPSC and only Graduates can apply for it.

You are an B.Tech Student hence you are definitely eligible for Indian Air Force through CDS exam.

So you can start your preparation for CDS exam because it is a very competitive examination and preparation should be very good then only you can clear this exam.

Age Limit:

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Exam Pattern:

Merit will be prepared in the basis of marks obtained in the Written , SSB and Medical Examination.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2013, 11:06 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/madam,
I am a b.tech 2nd ECE student. I would like to join Indian Air Force. Can I know the procedure as well as the required documents.
thanks...

Join Indian Air Force

There are 2 examinations which can help you get into the Indian Air Force which are

> NDA
> CDS

National Defence Academy(NDA)

The NDA Examination is held first in april and then in august by the UPSC

The minimum requirements that a candidate must fulfill in order to sit for the exam are :-

> The age of candidate must be between 16 1/2 years to 19 years

> You should have completed 12th from a state board or a central board or any other recognized board..

> You have to be an unmarried male candidate to appear for NDA

Combined Defence Services

CDS is held in February and then in September..

The minimum requirements are as follows :

Successful completion of graduation without any backlogs in any discipline

Age requirement for various branches is as follows :

For Air Force you must be within 19-23 years..for Navy you must be from 19-22 years

To join Indian Military Academy you must be from 19-24 years and for Officer's Training Academy age should be within 19-25 years..

Note:- Girls are also applicable for appearing for this exam..

Depending on your age..you can appear for either of the examination..

To have more details regarding these examination you can Click Here

Both the exam needs you to clear the following rounds:

> Written Examination
> Medical Examination

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
11th July 2013, 09:00 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Dear sir/madam,
thanks...
As per your Academic Qualification you should apply for Technical Officers Exam taken by the AIr-Force Wing of India.You will able to apply for this exam through AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test).To apply for this exam ,you will required to meet these Eligibility conditions :

Educational qualification :
  • You should be pass out in Bachelor Engineering course from recognized university.
  • Your Bachelor Engineering degree should be approved from the AICTE.
  • You should have Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
Marks required :
  • Your minimum marks in bachelor Engineering course should be 60%.
  • Your Average Marks in all semester should be 55%.
Age Required :
  • Your minimum age should be 18 years.
  • Your age should not be above 28 years.
Important Notes :
  • Your date of Birth should not be before year 1986.
  • You must have passed the Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers of Indian in Electronics and Communication.
Selection Process
  1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Mains Exam.
  3. Medical Fitness Test.
Exam Syllabus

Preliminary Exam :
  1. Ability Reasoning.
  2. Numerical Ability.
  3. General Awareness.
  4. Military Aptitude.
Mains Exam :
  1. Intelligence Test.
  2. Psychological Test.
  3. Group Test & Interview.
  4. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test.
15th July 2013, 10:48 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

There is no way out for you to join the Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE .

This is because there are only two exams conducted every year through which you can join the Indian Air Force.These are :

1) NDA Exam

2) CDS Exam

Now the minimum educational qualification required for NDA Exam is 12th but the age limit is just 16.5-19 years which i think you have crossed.

And For CDS Exam , the minimum educational qualification required is graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university or final year graduation candidates can apply.

As you have just passed B.Tech 2nd year which doesn`t make you eligible for the exam.

So , you have to completed your B.Tech course first then you will be eligible for the CDS Exam.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for CDS Exam are :

* The Age Limit for the CDS Exam : -

a) for Indian Militant academy : 19-22 years

b) For Naval Academy : 19-23 years

c) For Air Force Academy : 19-24 years

d) For Officer`s Training Academy : 19-25 years

* Nationality : Indian

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
3rd October 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

hi,i have not done 2 ,I have done 3 year diploma CE and now I m in final year B-tech CE can I join Air force or Indian army
4th October 2013, 10:49 PM
ramajb

Quote:
hi,i have not done 2 ,I have done 3 year diploma CE and now I m in final year B-tech CE can I join Air force or Indian army
please visit this link

http://entrance-exam.net/procedure-to-join-indian-air-force-after-btech/
2nd August 2014, 11:55 AM
Jaswinder kaur boparai

Smile Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?

Dear sir/madam,
thanks.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?