3rd February 2013, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?

what is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  2. Can I take admission in B.Tech Mechanical after diploma in Automobile through lateral entry?
  3. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture? -- [New]
  4. Which colleges are offering lateral entry? List of institutes and procedure for admission for direct entry into the 2nd year B.E after diploma engineering?
  5. Government college or institute where Degree in Automobile Engineering can be done after Diploma?
  6. How can I get admission in Diploma(Mechanical Engineering) through Lateral Entry after completing ITI(Fitter) course?
  7. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?
  9. What is the procedure for admission for outsider in Karnataka through lateral entry? I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 68%
  10. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering?
  11. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  12. Can I get lateral entry to correspondence diploma course after passing 10th and Kerala Government Certified Course in Automobile Engineering? Is it approved by the state and central PSC? Are there any colleges in Kerala?
  13. Which are the lateral entry colleges for diploma automobile engineering students?
  14. How to join B.Arch in Lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  15. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  16. How to join B.E Marine engineering after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering with 85%? What is the fee structure?
  17. What is the procedure to join B.Arch after completing diploma in Architecture? Names of colleges offering the B.Arch lateral entry?
  18. Any chance for lateral entry admission after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering and ITI in Fitter
6th April 2013, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?

what is the admission procedure of direct 2nd year B.Tech marine engg. In IIT college. I have completed diploma in mechanical with 70 percentage.
6th April 2013, 02:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?

In order to apply for the Lateral Entry scheme you must have completed diploma in Engineering. The diploma course is taken after completing 10th standard and once you have completed it the best option is to apply for Bachelor of Technology course.

The admission for diploma student in Bachelor of Technology is given under the Lateral Entry Scheme. By taking benefit of the scheme the diploma holders are eligible to take admission into the second year of B.Tech course.

There will be no need to pursue first year of Engineering, just take admission in the second year. By this way the Engineering course would be 3 years long for you instead of 4 years duration in normal circumstances.

Now since you are taking admission through lateral entry, the following exams are useless for you.

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

ISEET

UPSEE

BITSAT

These exams are not conducted for the Lateral Entry students and therefore there is no point taking up these courses. At this moment I would also like to point out that there is no provision in Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology to take admission under Lateral Entry Scheme. Therefore you wont be able to take admission in these universities.

You will have to appear for the entrance exam called Lateral Entry Engineering Test. As the name suggest LEET is conducted for the lateral entry admission. You should have 60 percent marks in diploma to apply for this course.

It should also be noted that there are various colleges that offer direct admission for diploma holders. You can also apply in these colleges.
23rd April 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in b.tech computer engg. in i.i.t. on the basis of lateral entry.
18th May 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Is this possible to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma in Information Technology?

Regards
Sundar
8th August 2013, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the admission procedure of direct 2nd year B.Tech marine engg. In IIT college. I have completed diploma in mechanical with 70 percentage.
sir, I complete diploma in engg.(mech. prod.) from TMU . Can I get admisson in IIT Colleges
for b.tech (2nd yr) .

what is proceedure of it?

plz tell me sir plz......
18th August 2013, 05:25 PM
singh soorme
Junior Member+

Talking Re: What is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the procedure to get admission in lateral entry to automobile engineering after completing diploma?
Hi friend,

For getting admission in Engineering on the basis of Diploma you must have completed your Diploma from a recognized State Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks.There are some Colleges which offers admission on the basis of Entrance Test on the basis of your rank in the Entrance test,you will be allotted a particular branch,whereas some offers admission on the basis of Merit.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions on the basis of Entrance Test are:

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions directly on the basis of Merit are:

Government College of Engineering,Pune.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

Documents required during Lateral entry admissions:
  • 10Th DMC.
  • 12Th DMC(If applicable)
  • PDC(Provisional Diploma Certificate)
  • Character Certificate.
  • Migration Certificate.
  • Residence Certificate.
  • Medical Certificate.

As you are asking about the procedure so firstly you need to fill the Application Form and submit it to your University,on the basis of your rank,you will be called for Counselling.Then on the basis of your rank you will be allotted College and Branch.

All the best.
24th September 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed diploma in computer science branch in this year.and i want to know that can i get admission in delhi coolege of engineering. so plz i requst that how will i prepare for this exam.
24th September 2013, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed diploma in computer science in this year.and i want to know that can i get admission in delhi collage of engineering.so sir plz tell me how will i prepare
22nd November 2013, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

sir may i plz know what %age in diploma engg. is required for taking admission in U.I.T. ??
19th May 2014, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

sir
me polytechnic (computer engineer) final year me hu.kya me part time / correspondence b.tech kr sakta hu letral entry ke sath.
list of college in delhi with procedure
19th May 2017, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I want get admission to 3rd semester polytechnic diploma after completing 2nd semester from west bengal government polytechnic to Mysore govt polytechnic.kindly inform the procedure
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?