6th April 2011, 08:10 PM
Aadil_61

Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?

Respected sir/mam, i want to appear in civil service exam(IAS). Which 2 of these subjects are better(sociology,public administration,psychology,political science,). And if you think these are not good subjects, then please suggest the best subjects and should also be scoring subjects.
These subjects are new to me but if u suggest the best optionals,i will work hard and honestly.
Please reply soon

Related Questions:
  1. Best evening college for B.A. with combination of Mass Media and Psychology/Philosophy/Sociology/Political Science/Public Administration/Social Work/Foreign Languages?
  2. Am i eligible to do M.A through private with any subject of Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science? I've done B.A with same subjects
  3. How to select optional subjects in Civil exams? How many subjects are there to choose from?
  4. What are the subjects required for IPS?
  5. IAS books for public administration and sociology as optional subjects?
  6. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  7. How to write Civils exam after studying in B.Tech Mechanical 4th year
  8. Details for csp codes?
  9. Can I become an IAS officer after studying Political Science and Sociology?
  10. Can I do M.Phil in chemistry from IGNOU through correspondence
  11. Which subjects should I choose for doing B.A Honors after doing 12th Arts? Is Public Administration subject a good choice?
  12. Previous years question papers of IPS entrance exam?
  13. Which optional subject to choose in IAS exam, History Public Relation or anything else? -- [New]
  14. Syllabus for IPS or UPSC examination? When will be the forms be available for the next year?
  15. Which is the syllabus of upsc exam in civil services? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Best coaching center for Geography in New Delhi?
  17. What all subjects are included in CG PSC exam for upcoming years?
  18. Nalanda Open University-BA in Political Science Public Administration Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
19th February 2012, 05:04 AM
Abhicse

Default Re: Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?

you should prefer political science and history.
history is the subject which is mostly preferred by IAS students and its scoring as well..
political science is because you should know about Indian politics and culture and its an interesting subject too.

Good Luck!
11th May 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?

Can i take the combination of history and political science for appearing the IAS examination?
16th May 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

WHAT A COMBINATION OF SOCIOLOGY AND P.A. FOR IAS
26th May 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ABOUT THE COMBINATION OF SOCIOLOGY AND POLITICAL SCIENCE .
17th June 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

i am little bit confused between psychology and sociology ???
I think i am more active for social life but in other hand i want to read psychology ..
Please suggest me and help me to come out of this confusion..
16th October 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Ive done my MSc Biotechnology. Zoology is one of my optional subject. For 2nd option I'm confused about Sociology, Public administration and Psychology ?? Please Help.
1st April 2013, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
i'm confused between sociology and psychology. I don't know which one i should go for ?
And which is more beneficial for IAS ? Please it would be great if you could help me and suggest
me some way to come out of this confusion.
16th June 2013, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am confused between pol sc and sociology as my optional . i am from economics background and i am indifferent between these 2 subject.
19th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hii,
you should prefer political science and history
for IAS
18th January 2014, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

i am from engineering background, i am confused between sociology or public administration
12th February 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i had done M.A in sociology please suggest me the best combination with sociology for civil services exam
12th February 2014, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

what would be the best subject combination with sociology in civil services exam
13th February 2014, 10:25 AM
Sowmya449

Among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science which is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice? Please tell us...
22nd April 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Please type anthroolology is here in ignouuestion or comment here and then click Submit.
6th May 2014, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i wana take up sociology as the first preference subject in mains exam but confusing to choose either political science or public administration.which one shall i opt?
7th July 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i want to know which subject is better among english,historypol.science for b.a honrs ?with there career option after graduation.
28th May 2018, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

I JUST FINISHED MY 12TH AND I AM CONFUSED WHETHER TO TAKE BA POLITICAL SCIENCE OR BA HISTORY..?
WHICH IS BETTER FOR IAS....?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?