11th May 2010, 01:12 AM
shark123

Does animation have high job opportunities?

hello,
I just cleared my 12th in the field of scienes with 92% in PCM . everyone suggests that i do B.E and i'll havea bright future . but i am no interested in engineering (i think its boring) . i read on the newspapers and internet about animation being a growing field in india and it piqued my interest.so all i want to ask is if i take up animation/graphic design ,are there enough job opportunities? will i get a job easily? are there alernatives if i fail to get a job? (like doing a postgraduate if someone fails to get a job after B.E) also is the salary from animation career enough to earn daily bread and comforts?

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better course between BSc CS and Animation?
  2. Can we join Animation after passing B.Tech? What are the job opportunities
  3. Which Branch in Animation has more Job Opportunities? What kind of courses are best in this field?
  4. Detailed information about Diploma in 3D Animation & VFX course? Job opportunities for candidates through this course?
  5. List of companies which offer recruitment to B.Sc(Animation) candidate in Abroad?
  6. Best course for a job in Animation field after 12th standard? Qualification required for the same?
  7. Can I go for Animation course after B.Com? How much does it cost? Which Animation course is better for me between B.Sc in Animation and M.Sc. in Animation?
  8. Will I get job if completed B.Sc in Animation at the age of 28 years?
  9. Will I get job in Animation without graduating?
  10. How to do higher course in animation after completing diploma in animation
  11. Job opportunities and the scope after doing M.Des in Animation? What type of jobs are there after M.Des
  12. Is there a good opportunity in Animation after doing B.Tech IT?
  13. What should I do after completion of B.Sc General?
  14. What are the career opportunities available after completing class 10th? Can I pursue Graphic Designing or Animation? -- [New]
  15. How can I get Job in Automobile Companies having done Graduation in B.Sc Animation?
  16. Diploma in Animation holder can do B.Sc in Animation?
  17. Opportunities after Animation & Computer Engineering in INDIA as well as USA?
  18. Can I get a job in Animation field after passing 12th standard? I am planning to join computer science and engineering
11th May 2010, 11:03 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Does animation have high job oppurtunities?

yes friend animation is having a very bright future...............if you become professional in this field then you will be able to make your own animated film........

you can do a lot of in this field.........

all the best
11th May 2010, 11:49 AM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark123 View Post
hello,
I just cleared my 12th in the field of scienes with 92% in PCM . everyone suggests that i do B.E and i'll havea bright future . but i am no interested in engineering (i think its boring) . i read on the newspapers and internet about animation being a growing field in india and it piqued my interest.so all i want to ask is if i take up animation/graphic design ,are there enough job opportunities? will i get a job easily? are there alernatives if i fail to get a job? (like doing a postgraduate if someone fails to get a job after B.E) also is the salary from animation career enough to earn daily bread and comforts?

thanks
iwant 2 say that u have 2 do animation inpart time courses ok u willgot the job in it sufficent manner but its better 2 do with any graduation degree its benificialfor u & u can do with them.
u have a grt animation then u will got superb job yaar its field is gud but u have 2 do something other with it......
11th May 2010, 01:50 PM
brrrravi

Thumbs up Re: Does animation have high job oppurtunities?

hi, friend

Animation Courses
Web Designing
Graphic Designing Courses
Multimedia Courses
Interior Designing
Fashion Designing

for above information You can go through the link below for details on courses and colleges

http://education-cafe.blogspot.com/

good luck...
11th May 2010, 03:05 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

well indeed this is a very rewarding as well as a very lucrative field in the mordern era and the scope is immense the art of animation, is a creative field dominated by the west, now has India running as one of the most serious contenders. cartoons are illustrations of a single diagram with varied meanings, while an animation is a rapid display of 2-D or 3-D images to create an illusion of motion. so as you have also mentioned that you feel engineering as very boring subject and hence i picked up from this satement of yours that you need some exciting career and you need to make some out of your own creativity if this is the reason and if i am right then my dear friend animation is the right field that you have asked for and taking it as a carrer will be as good as getting an icecream in a fruit shake .. i hope you understand..
the other thing that i want you to understand is never think that what if you will fail in some work or the otherthen you will be of nowhere .. rather what is improtant is how you execute the work and failures and success is totally the outcome of your work and act's so i will suggest you to go for animation and make it a career and give wings to your creativity... and along with it i will like to congratulate you on your success in 12th as well as appraise you for such good marks..
best of luck for your career and if you need best colleges for animation do write to me again i will be glad to help....
byee take care.. wish you success at each step...
11th May 2010, 03:35 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
You can have good jobs in animation raea as this field is progressing day by day and there are large chances for success and high job profile mainly in metropolitian cities.
If you want to learn desiginning then you should do this from high profile institutes and cities because this field requires immense exploration of ourselves and our mind. It basically searches for innovation and creativity.
11th May 2010, 04:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Animation is a unique field in the sense that it is a blend of creativity and technology. So if you have a mindset of applying technology and use your creativity, then animation course can open up really exciting and rewarding avenues for you. Animations be it simple drawing, 2D and 3D imaging are now widely used in media and technology world. As you have seen the latest movie, Avatar, it is just an ultimate use of animation technologies. Now they are also increasingly used for product designs, stall designs, automobile designs and so on. So if you think you have good drawing and creative skills and have a bend toward learning technologies, go for this.
11th May 2010, 07:03 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
by seeing your marks ie 92 % in pcm it seems that you are brilliant and talented and you should try yourself in the field of engineering but your interst is not in this field so i cant help you.but if you take the case of animation ,it has agood job prospect so try it,you will have better job chance but at least think once time about engineering
ok
all the best
25th May 2010, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

what course in animation should i do
12th June 2010, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi shark123,

now many institutes/colleges providing many courses(like dilpomas/ fine arts degree in animation) go through it. if you clear in your vision, field is good.

all the best for your future...
30th August 2010, 11:37 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
Animation is one of the most wanted courses.
Now a days ,this is the technical in which the graphical work,touch of animation
are so most wanted and preferable.

so you can go for
web designing part,
graphical representation,
fashion part etc...
Good luck.
9th October 2010, 08:40 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello,

thanks
Animation industry in India is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 27% to reach USD 1163 million by 2012. (As reported by NASSCOM)

Generally people think Animation leads to Gaming and Cartoon etc. But apart from them Animation industry also includes entertainment, E-education, web designing visual communication, medical and defense.

From Gaming Side
Basically Gmaing Industry in India has following options for exploring career till now. As there may be some more oppurtunities in coming time because of Growth of it in Indian market.

1) Game Designer: As we know the whole look and funs depends on Game Design, this part of work is much important. Creating concept of thegame and transforming the same is the main work for Designers. This part of work requires very creative and technology upto date mind.

This part has mainly three aspects.
i) Senior Level Designer.
ii) Level/Junior Desgner.
iii) Animator.

i) ) Senior Level Designer: It has greater part of work. Aperson with such designation, will be responsible for understanding the company/client need and according to that will Conceptualize the whole Design and matter of the game and will forward the work to Level/Junior Desgner.

ii) Level/Junior Desgner:
Job of the person will be to work on the guidelines and the concept of Senior Level Designer.

iii) Animator:
Person here have varios work to handle including Artist and programmer also sometimes. He will be reponsible for the creation of the Whole charecter required in that Game.

Then comes the greater part of work.

2) Game Programmer

This has mainly 4 types in it.
a)Programmer
b) Network Programmer
c)Graphics Programmer
d) Audio Programmer.

a)Programmer : has main part of job here. And genarally Engineers with high level of proficiency are found here, because thing like- Artificial intelligence etc. are used here which can be perform by Computer engineers.

b) Network Programmer:
This part of work os also for Engineers, but some having good command over C. C++ can lead here. And BCA, MCA graduate can also find her.

c)Graphics Programmer:
This part of job is very enjoying one and are in great demand, apart from Animation industry also. Needs very good Taste and creativeness.

d) Audio Programmer:
All the sound effects and music work are carried out by the person here. Here also little programming is required specially in C++.
3) Game Producer

I has mainly 2 parts.

a) Game Producer
b) Quality Assurance.
a) Game Producer: Nothing much, person here will e responsible for estimating cost and to check the functioning of everyone above mentioned.

b) Quality Assurance:
Like a HR. It will be responsible for checking the things required and providing them on time. And to take care that client is getting master piec of work.

From Graphics Side

Graphics Designer:- is the artist who communicate visually using typography and images to present information, using various multimedia tools & sofwareslike Photoshop coral draw etc. to create visually attractive page layout discipline and designs.

A graphic designer plays a significant role in publishing houses like Newspapers, magazines, television, various corporate houses for designing in house publicity as well as designing corporate presentations. Even apparel designing companies need graphic designers.

Web Designer:-
The role of web designer involves conceptualization, planning, modeling and execution of electronic media delivery by means of internet, that is designing a website or internet site. Web designers need to have sound technical knowledge of multimedia tools like- graphics and animation tool, HTML/XML authority, interactive items through flash, java script programming. The artist need to be trained in scripting languages like- Perl, ASP, JSP etc.

Special Effect Designer:- It is better known as SPFX or SFX is used in entertainment industry to realize scenes through use of software that can not be achieved otherwise by live action. SFX artist are in great demand all over the world in entertainment industry. A artist SFX professional need to know the wide range of techniques. This includes traditional theater effect to modern computer graphic imaginary (CGI) so as to create an effective SFX scene. India, with its booming industry, is making extensive use of special effect an has thrown a multitude of opportunity for trained professional.

Salary:
Well more then 330 Companies are there in India in Animation industry.The above mentioned are a few of the roles played by an animation/ multimedia professional in the various segments of the audio-visual industry. Remuneration in any of these fields will be in the rang of RS. 10, 000 to RS 15,000 for beginners and can go up to RS 50, 000 per month depending upon experience and even more for Graphic Designers, and Programmers and QA team. Sky in the limit if one is an entrepreneur.

So, you doesn't required to worry about your daily bread and needs

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 9th October 2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added All Details After Persuing a Long Research.
16th October 2010, 12:18 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

There is always a 50-50 situation for a job after a professional degree course like BE/BTech or graduation in animation design. They are professional courses since the salary depends not only to your qualification but on the commands in your professional fields. So getting a professional degree is not enough at all but to get in excel into it is good.

However, various T.V programs, advertisements / commercials and computer games are demanding a huge quantity of manpower from the Indian market. Animation is also being used in titling films, creating special effects or in web entertainment programs. In this you need not to program but to use program in an efficient way.
18th October 2010, 08:54 AM
BALAJI K

YES animation courses will have high job opportunity and the salary scale is attractable
11th December 2010, 03:53 AM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: Does animation have high job opportunities?

my friend

ANIMATION is the growing industry

and together with that it has much scope of presenting your talent and imagination

if you have interest then surely join it

good day
13th December 2010, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Does animation have high job opportunities?

don't go with there is allready so many ppl r jobless...there is no job's....
14th December 2010, 08:59 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Does animation have high job opportunities?

hello friend

you should not have any doubt regarding this because its a best career opportunity

if you have the following skills

->have a desire to do something in this field

->you should have good taste

->you should no doubt have good creativity

yeah the job opportuniteis are very very good in this industry if you have the above skills

all the best

~aditya~
7th January 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

i am doing m.sc in multimedia technology from national institute of film & fine arts,kolkata.what is the job prospects and how much earn in india?
9th January 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

there is no job in india.......just try animator wanted type in google...u ll know....
8th March 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Hey,,i m a 12th ,commerce student...i've a great interest in drawing,art and craft,doing creative art...and i am seeking that course,which'll suit me best!!is animation a great carrer,acc. To my interest??and if yes,plz,tell me some good institutions or colleges of animation in or near north and west of india!!and shud i have to do correspond degree in commerce?
13th March 2011, 07:56 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hello

Animation is one of the most wanted courses.
this is the technical in which the graphical work.
the job opportuniteis are very very good in this industry if you have the above skills

all the best
24th March 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

i juz wanna know about the job oppurtunities and being a councelor its tough to convince students for animation.... Provide me few key points which can attract student for animation thnx and best refgards......xyz
27th March 2011, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

best organisation searching for guys having animation degrees......please help me by suggesting good organisation
27th March 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAV INTEREST IN ANIMATION
MEANS WHAT EXAMS I HAV TO GIVE LIKE WE GIVE AIEEE OR IIT
SO WHAT 4 ANIMATION
2nd May 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Guys... Im an automobile engineer in a reputed organisation. (23 yrs) But im in a idea of switching to animation field after doing. A prof. Course in high end soft. Like maya. Is that advisable..?? (hope I hve enough potential to be a good animator especially in 3D modelling) will the short term (3 months..) course help me in getting well paid jobs..? My peers are advising me that its bit risky bcoz I was paid high in my current job.
I thnk animation is better stream for me to succeed...

please suggest.. I wnt to hear frm the people in this field..
4th May 2011, 04:27 AM
GahlotKaushal

Default Can anyone suggest a good animation studio ?

Hi Friends, I'm an animator. Looking for a good animation studio to work with. Can anyone recommend a good one ?
9th May 2011, 05:52 PM
SonalSinghal

Hi Dear,

I would advice you to choose the field in which you're interested, else studying for you will only become a necessity not desire. IF you're planning to go for animation, multimedia, then there is very growing chances in this field. Designing is alway1s have high facet in the market. Even number of institutes are available like dia, idc, sai school of interior design, jj school of arts, wlic, jims etc. You can join any of these as per your choice. After the completion of the course, earning is obviously depend on your skills and creativity.

thanks,
23rd May 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

hi...m from hyd n i hav completed my 12th one year back n took longterm coaching for mbbs n failed to get a seat.....thr r obviously many reasons for dis n i would lyk to tel one thing mainly....that wen i was studying my texts i felt dat y should d subject b so dry n uninterested seeing al black n white pictures n i felt dat there is a need to make d subject interesting n slowly my interest turned towards animations .i felt y cant d coming students hav animated lessons so dat they feel really interesting n they need not get strained to study n moreover they could easily understand d concepts.......so i feel n im really intersted in learning animations..so can i hav some information regarding d future in animation field plz..i will b waiting for ur reply....n dis z d most important moment in my lyf to take a right decision so plz help me
30th May 2011, 07:30 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hello,

thanks
Hiii,

If you are intrested in animation so their are many courses in the market you try for that like 3D and multimudia is a grete future but their is some expensive and some hard to learn ..

But good in future
Good luck

ankur
2nd June 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am garima i am a fresher in animation field and i m very depressed to see the condition of animation industry.there is no job in animation field specialy in 3d and not have a good future. as a fresher i am very deprssed seeing this condition. what can i do..
8th June 2011, 10:14 PM
amit gaur054

Hi friends...... animation hhave high job opportunitiesAnimation Courses
Web Designing
Graphic Designing Courses
Multimedia Courses
Interior Designing
Fashion Designing

for above information You can go through the link below for details on courses and colleges

http://education-cafe.blogspot.com/

all the best
9th June 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

hi, is there any colleges under Mumbai University offer the BSc degree in Multimedia and Animation? Is a degree from Sikkim Manipal University in the same stream is valid from frameboxx institute?
geeta
22nd July 2011, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

being a animation professional am sayingpresent the situation is very bad for freshers to get in ..go for academic courses is my advice..
3rd August 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i am garima i am a fresher in animation field and i m very depressed to see the condition of animation industry.there is no job in animation field specialy in 3d and not have a good future. as a fresher i am very deprssed seeing this condition. what can i do..
hve u done bsc in animaion or b.a n animation??
5th September 2011, 11:44 PM
manoj rajpurohit

You have select the animation field so i want to tell you that you choice is very good and you can make a bright future in your life by this animation field.

i want to also tell you that it is a hard course, but if you work hard for this then you will obviously succeed.

Animation is a very good field, you can make some animation on your computer and by this you will be a professional.

best of luck.
19th September 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

is there any guaranttee of job after bsc. In animation and multimedia? If yes what r they? Plz answer my question i m very confused.i also expect to get 80 percentage in 12th but i m not choosing engineering as i think it is boooring and now days every one is rushing to that field(engineering). Plz answer .
25th September 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

its hard to get a job in 3D animation field for a fresher, I spend more than a lakh of money to learn animation but companies looking for experienced persons, HOW CAN A MAN GET EXPERIENCE WITH OUT A JOB? FRIENDS HELP ME TO GET A JOB IN THIS FIELD.
7th October 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

HELLO...
I HAVE COMPLETED my 12th last year n now m doing course of bsc degree in animation from arena- multimedia , but m still confused that will it be helpful for me , to a good job after taking ma degree, n is there any course or degree after bsc in animation........
7th November 2011, 11:37 AM
pravinsingh72

Quote:
hello,

thanks
salaries in animation field are very low compared to engineers.
7th November 2011, 11:46 AM
pravinsingh72

Quote:
Guys... Im an automobile engineer in a reputed organisation. (23 yrs) But im in a idea of switching to animation field after doing. A prof. Course in high end soft. Like maya. Is that advisable..?? (hope I hve enough potential to be a good animator especially in 3D modelling) will the short term (3 months..) course help me in getting well paid jobs..? My peers are advising me that its bit risky bcoz I was paid high in my current job.
I thnk animation is better stream for me to succeed...

please suggest.. I wnt to hear frm the people in this field..
Animators who have been working like slaves in reputed animation studios in India since the last 10 years r still earning only 30 to 40 thousand rupees per months.They work almost 10 hours daily.Only Sunday is off.when the project is over most of them r thrown out without giving any notice period.Do yr own research.Keep animation as a hobby.U will enjoy it more.Join Arena Institute part time course.The best Arena is Arena Dilsukhnagar branch.
15th November 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I just completed the MDMA cource in multimedia in animation and graphics designing.i like to work from abroad.now i have no idea . will you please suggest some places ?? i can work from there.
26th November 2011, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

i am in b.com ist year... with b.com i want to something with b.com ..please tell me which is better animation or designing..???i have a interest doing something creative....please help me out....please .........also tell college .....???
10th March 2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

what the pay scale of a person after doing then internation program in animation (AIM).............................
11th March 2012, 05:45 PM
venkatadrir

Smile Re: Does animation have high job opportunities?

the animation field has four categories of jobs.in any of these four categories has a bright future and job oppurtunities in international level.you can extract job in companies related to video game designing and in hollywood also.
the salary of your job depends upon quality of the animated pictures created by you.................
20th March 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

After 12th,what to do in animation?
3rd April 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A. ...........tell me the options avaiable, after doing the same i can be able to get job.........

I mean professional courses after B.A.
9th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Does animation have high job opportunities?

Quote:
Garima do not continue to feel depressed. To which other fields can you branch out even at this stage? Remember, this is not the end of it. Assuredly better openings and better doors are meant for you. Keep your chin up and get back that twinkle in your eyes.
24th April 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

IS IT NICE TO DO JOB IN THE FIELD OF ANIMATION ? WHAT WILL BE THE AVERAGE INCOME FOR A PERSON WHO DOES IT ? WHAT CORRESPONDING COURSES SHOULD BE DONE ALONG WITH IT TO GET A HIGH PROFILED JOB ? WHAT ARE THE JOBS AVAILABLE IN THE INDIAN MARKET IN THIS FIELD? IS IT SUITABLE AS A FULL TIME JOB - THE ONLY MEANS OF EARNING ?
24th April 2012, 02:26 PM
vinayaga2012

Quote:
hello,

thanks

ANIMATION IN MARKET

Animation Field is one of the Peculiar field in market there are lot and lot of chances are available at this moments don't worry about it .

many courses available

Multimedia Courses

Web Desiginig

Media Animation

Animation Kids

Special Effects

Video Editing

Texture Gaming

the above courses are very powerful and useful to get good oppurtunity

also good package

thanks
vinayaga
28th May 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I hav passed my 12th now and I'm keenly interested in animation.is this a right choice?will this offers me a good job in future with good salary?pls help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?