16th February 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare myself for the Post Graduation Entrance Examination of Jwaharlal Nehru University for English Literature?

I just want to know how can I prepare myself for the Post Graduation Entrance Examination of Jwaharlal Nehru University for English Literature.I also want to know some reference books for preparation and get previous years' question papers.It'll be really helpful if my querstions are properly considered .

6th March 2014, 08:20 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare myself for the Post Graduation Entrance Examination of Jwaharlal Nehru University for English Literature?

Basically English literature is a non-vocational degree,the skills you learn from this course and all round skills will be helpful for your different careers.For becoming a successful student of english literature you will need to have the following skills.Those skills include Research oriented,must be able to understand the complex ideas and various theories.You must have a good written as well as other communication skills.

You may prepare the following various best books for English literature.And the books list are given below-
* Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
* The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
* Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
* To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
* Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
* Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
* Emma by Jane Austen
* Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
* Lord of the Flies by William Golding
* To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
* The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
* Sons and Lovers by D.H.Lawrence
* Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and more

There are various fields available where you can find more number of jobs and in various fields.You may find job in the fields such as Advertising and PR,Publishing,Teaching field,Arts sector and more.Apart from these you may also get job in Law,business,social work,Retail sector,Politics sector and more.But remember you need to good sort of skills in English languages.As you are part of English literature most of the colleges or Universities recruit you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?