7th July 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

What are the merits and demerits of ICSE and IGCSE boards? Which is widely used in India?

Hi,

my son is studying in class one in igcse syl. The school has icse syl also. Most of students are doing icse. I was told by school mgmt that igcse is better and i am paying more fees also. What is the merits & demerits of following icse & igcse syl. Seconly, i am working in a pvt co and posted to transfers. In such case which syl is widely used in india do it is icse or igcse.

12th September 2014, 01:53 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the merits and demerits of ICSE and IGCSE boards? Which is widely used in India?

ICSE: - Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
IGCSE: - International General Cambridge Secondary Education

ICSE is an India-based education board whose programs stretch from KG to 12th standard. On the other hand, IGCSE is only a two-year program from Class 9th to 10th. Generally, people find ICSE curriculum harder (especially Math and Science) and also they need to study more number of subjects. IGCSE has a practical approach on teaching and assesses students on the base of an eight-point grading scale, varying from A+ (highest) to G+ (lowest). Also, IGCSE caters to various cultures and languages which enable students coming from any place in the world to adapt to it quickly. Although, ICSE is widely used in India, being an Indian board of education.
6th April 2015, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the merits and demerits of ICSE and IGCSE boards? Which is widely used in India?

Is igcse board only till 10 thnstd, will it be difficult for the child if we shift him from igcse to cbse board in 2nd or 3 std
13th December 2015, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Is IGCSE study in 10th and 12th is eligible for the Indian higher education like MBBS, IAS, IPS etc..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?