15th September 2014, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

PhD in Biophysics can be done after MBBS in India or Abroad?

Tell me that whether I can do PhD in biophysics directly after mbbs in India or abroad. please guide the way to reach my goal.

1st October 2014, 10:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD in Biophysics can be done after MBBS in India or Abroad?

MBBS is a Bachelor level course and for doing Ph.D in Biophysics, you must have Post Graduation qualification in a science subject.

Therefore, you have to study till post graduation, then you will be eligible for Ph.D entrance examination for admission into Ph.D in Biophysics.

Also those who clear exams like CSIR NET and ICMR will be eligible for admission into Ph.D in Biophysics. Hence, there are two ways of joining Ph.D and CSIR NET and ICMR qualified candidates are preferred for admission in top colleges.

Duration of Ph.D will be from 3 years to 5 years and you have to do your research work under the guidance of a Ph.D scholar.

13th October 2014, 03:43 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: PhD in Biophysics can be done after MBBS in India or Abroad?

Hi friend, I would suggest you to apply for MD course first and then do Phd in biophysics. Although, there are some institutions which offer direct admission to PhD after MBBS.
Here's the list of institutions:
AIIMS
NIMHANS
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
Delhi university

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?