16th January 2015, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS certificate is acceptable to study in Abroad?

Hello!

I have completed my 12th from NIOS Delhi with 52% overall and took IELTS in which i scored 6.5 overall but my query is that "Is NIOS acceptable to study abroad?" because someone told me that Embassy don't take NIOS Students for Student Visa. Also, I confirmed it with some consultants some of them said "YES" and some said "NO.

So, I want to confirm that is NIOS acceptable?

17th January 2015, 10:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS certificate is acceptable to study in Abroad?

Yes, NIOS certificate is accepted by many foreign universities for providing admission in their universities. Candidates who have completed 12th standard from NIOS are equally eligible to study in Abroad as candidates who have completed 12th standard from CBSE/ State Boards. But, only very less number of universities does not accept NIOS certificate for providing admission in their university. Since, you have taken IELTS test and scored good marks, you can apply for admission in US universities and I suggest you to check whether the university accepts NIOS certificate or not before applying for any university.
17th January 2015, 04:56 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

NIOS certificate is valid, even if you want to continue your further studies in Aboard. And you are having a good IELTS score. As you have completed IELTS exam, start applying for universities by sending your test score along with your Application form. Then the universities will send you an admission letter(which is also called as I20), if your academic profile satisfies university admission requirements. After getting admission letter, you can apply for VISA, by approaching concerned foreign embassy.
18th January 2015, 03:56 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

* If you wish to use NIOS certificate for Higher Studies, it is in your own interest that you keep in mind the requirements of the Boards/ Universities you wish to join after passing secondary/ senior secondary course from NIOS.

* Some Boards/ Universities require specific subject combination for admission to the Institutions affiliated to them.

* NIOS Certificates are Valid, recognized and at par with the other National and State Boards of school education.

* Yes, most of the Universities will accept certificates from NIOS. But a few Top Most universities will not accept the students, Who have completed their studies from open schooling. And those universities will be less in number.

* So, you can apply for most of the universities in any country to pursue Graduation.
24th January 2015, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th from nios bard delhi. now am in BA .pls tell me that can i study abroad after 1and half year gap after 12th. please rply.
8th August 2015, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th from NIOS board delhi & scored 62 percent marks . My query is that if i am illegible to study in canada with ielts score 6.5 bands. Somebody says that you cannot apply for study visa in canada.. Plz help me..
16th September 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I am passed Senior Secondary from NIOS,Delhi ,can I eligible for USA,Canada for visa after IELTS for study
21st May 2016, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I am going to write nios 12th grade exam ! Is it possible if I want to go abroad to study for medical?
26th May 2016, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th standard from commerce in last year and by giving nios exam and scored 46 percent .In addition to this I got overall 6 band (L7.5,R4.5,W6S5).I wanna ask that if I can apply for Australia colleges or for newzeland please reply
[email protected]
8th June 2016, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Does Australian universities stop accepting nios students UG application as per 2016 update. Plz tell me whether it is true or not?
16th July 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to take my degree with nios in a short period like 1 year or six month. but is there any problem for getting job in abroad ? due to some family problems i cant complete my degree so by doing with nios any problems will arise ?
13th September 2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Can you suggest me some name of universities of UK which accept nios certificate
Thank you
21st December 2016, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done my secondary/ senior secondary course from NIOS with 74 to 72 % in non med . So I want to study in abroad so my question is which country is good for me I want to study in Australia but someone say me that's Australians not take nios students. And which good scope in non med pl. Thank you
4th January 2017, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

I want to study mbbs in abroad but I have nios 12 certificate, it is value or not ?
29th April 2017, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to study animations in abroad but i have studied in andhra pradesh open school 12 class it is eligible for studying in abroad?
1st June 2017, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have done 12th from NIOS means open schooling... and done ielts from which i got 6 band so my question is can Canada accept nios certificate..??? And can you tell which colleges are they? Thank you !
5th June 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Can i study in UK for HM course if l have NIOS certificate in arts of 12th class. ? And can you tell which colleges or universities are they ? Thank you!
3rd January 2018, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 from Punjab open board with 58%. I want to know Punjab open board is valid for studing in Canada or not
1st February 2018, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

My name is mandeep I passed senior secondary class in nios board with study visa apply for me and complete in ielts 6 band
21st February 2018, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

My name is jangjeet singh I have passed 10th from NIOS BOARD DELHI 2016 and I am continue Study in mohali board Punjab 12th I can go to Canada after 12th .......
8th March 2018, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I have passed IGCSE Edexel O Level exams .which is for year 11. I have cleared 12th exams from NIOS.. Which college /university will allow me to get admission in BBA course in Gujarat?
13th June 2018, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

Please, i need serious help here. what i did is i completed my nios senior secondary exam from nepal with (A) grade percentage and i've got no idea now how to study abroad please please help me out what should i have to do at this moment it would be greatful. Please i need replay ans for this question as soon as possible . cause i;m in facing lots of problems
8th August 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th nios..and i want to study abroad (canada) will the collages except!..and may i know which all collages dont except
13th September 2018, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

HI Good morning, I passed NIOS exam and now at present I m doing MBBS, I m in 3rd now, one of my friend he also have NIOS certificate and he done MBBS Agroha medical college Hisar, Haryana ,he registered in 2018 under MCI, so my Que. If before 2017 NIOS students are eligible for MBBS than m I eligible or not ,please mail me if some more students are there
[email protected]
25th September 2018, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is simran and I completed my 12 from nios got 75 percent I want to go australia (Perth) I want to know that in Perth can I get admission in any college plz reply me fast
Email id - [email protected]
Plz reply me as soon as possible
4th January 2019, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

I am doing 2 medical from nios board and want yo do bsc nursing in canada.pls tell me which colleges and universities accept nios students(for bsc nursing)
4th August 2020, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Do 12th science exam pass from Shanghai board (india) accept NTA for NEET Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?