27th February 2015, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Army being a girl while doing Graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I am priyanka have completed 10 2 with 74.6% from CBSE BOARD with commerce stream without maths and now doing BCOM for graduation.I will be19years in october .I would like to know is am i eligible for joining Indian army and when I should try for it .what preparation I must do and which exam I must give .I will be very thankful if you will help me .

2nd March 2015, 12:01 PM
vickyhansi

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Army being a girl while doing Graduation?

You can join Indian army after graduation through CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Girls can join non Technical scheme after B.Com . This scheme is Officer Training Academy scheme.

Education Qualification:-

Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Age limit:-

Age limit is 19-25 years.

Officer Training Academy exam consist two papers:-

General Knowledge and English

You can visit these link to get more information:-

www.upsc.nic.in

www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
15th April 2015, 11:58 PM
Ashwakh

While doing graduation , Female candidates are not eligible to apply for any post or any entrance exam to join in Army.

It is possible only after the completion of graduation . So , after graduation , you can apply for the NCC WOMEN in indian army. Age shouldbe in between 19-25 years only for the post . You shouldbe a citizen of india to apply for the post.

You can also apply for the cds exam to join in army .
cds = combined defence service exam
Age shouldbe in between 19-24 years only , to join in army
you shouldbe a citizen of india and shouldbe an unmarried candidate

selection procedure is ,

1. written exam
2. ssb interview
3. medical test
13th May 2015, 03:14 PM
amanshrivastava98

It is great to see that you are interested in joining the defense forces.

You can do so through the Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE).

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
14th May 2015, 09:46 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am priyanka have completed 10 2 with 74.6% from CBSE BOARD with commerce stream without maths and now doing BCOM for graduation.I will be19years in october .I would like to know is am i eligible for joining Indian army and when I should try for it .what preparation I must do and which exam I must give .I will be very thankful if you will help me .
Yes ofcose. You can join in the great indisn army after graduation or being in degree final year. You need to face CDS examination which stands for combined defense service conducts by upsc twice in a year. If you satisfy the below listed eligibility criteria then you can apply for CDS exam:- * age :- 19-23 years * educational qualification :-any bachelor degree without any backlogs. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. * gender:- men and women. * height :- for men ( 157 cm ,for women (153 cm) minimum. * must be citizen of india or subject to bhutan or nepal. * should be mentally and physically fit and fine. For further updates you can visit :- www.upsc.gov.com
30th April 2016, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

I am a girl and I have appeared 12 boards this year.
I want to join Indian army, is there any university or academy I can apply for army training like NDA, OTA,etc which are unfortunately only for boys
15th June 2016, 06:06 PM
Expert king

Yes, you have a choice to apply for Indian army after the graduation.
For this you need to appear the Combined Defense Services Exam (CDSE).

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defense forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows:

The candidate should be a citizen of India.
The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.
The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.
The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.
You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?