12th March 2015, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I do any good private job after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Someone please tell me that can i do any good private job after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering?

14th March 2015, 05:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do any good private job after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

After completion of diploma in mechanical engineering, you can get jobs in both private as well as public sector.There are many entrance exams inorder to get employment in both public as well as private sector. However the opportunities in the private sector are less as compared to the public sector.

You can go for jobs in core companies like TATA Power, Adani Power, Jindal Power and Steel, Tata Steel, and many more companies in the private sector. Most of them either recruit through on-campus drives or through written test and interview whose notifications are published in their official websites and the leading newspapers.

Apart from these, being a mechanical diploma engineer,you can work in-
-Railways
-Power Stations
-Nuclear power plants
-National Thermal Power corporation
-Power Grid Corporation of India
-IOCL
-Damodar Valley Corporation
-National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
-Electricity Board
-Bharat Petroleum
-Coal India Limited
-Defence sector
-Banks
-Stenography
-SAIL
-NIFTEM
-HAL
-UCIL
-PWD
-CPWD

But salary will be low as compared to work load.Salary usually ranges from 8000-20000 per month. If you can become very efficient engineer,it might range upto a maximum of 25000 per month.

Hence the better option would be to go for B.Tech course and then go for jobs as you will not only get better salaried jobs but also your job opportunities will be more after b.tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?