16th March 2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

BCA student can apply for JAM 2015 entrance exam?

I am student of BCA from smu de.
can i apply for jam 2015 entrance exam to join MCA through iit?
if yes then then please give me information about jam entrance exam in detail.

16th March 2015, 12:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCA student can apply for JAM 2015 entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed BCA degree from SMU so you are eligible for IIT JAM 2015 exam.

That's because the minimum educational qualification required for IIT JAM 2015 exam is graduation degree. Your graduation degree marks must be above 50%.
16th March 2015, 11:57 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, Of course the BCA candidates can apply for the JAM (Joint Admission Test) exam for taking admission in MCA program in IITs. Only IIT Roorkee is offering admission in the Master in Computer Application (MCA) program.

And for that you have to clear the JAM 2015. To become eligible for JAM 2015 exam, one should have completed their bachelor degree with maths for at least one year (annual system) or at least two papers of mathematics in semester system.

One must have scored at least 55% marks in their graduation. However, there is relaxation in percentages for reserved category up to 5%.

The JAM 2015 had been conducted by the IIT Guwahati this year. It is computer based online exam. All the questions are of the objective type.

Although it is objective type, it is divided in the three patterns name MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQs (Multiple Select Questions) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type).

So, wait for the next exam notification and prepare hard for it.
16th March 2015, 12:26 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.you can not apply for MCA through JAM 2015.
JAM is the exam for getting admission in M.sc/M.tech in specified course after completion of bachelor degree in specified course.

Eligibility of JAM 2015

* you should have to bachelor degree & have 60 % aggregate OR 6 CPI in specific bachelor degree for getting admission in M.sc in specified course

now you have completed BCA.so you can get admission in M.sc in computer science after a good score in JAM.

you can get admission in M.sc/M.tech in computer science in reputed colleges such as IITs
16th March 2015, 05:03 PM
Creator1991
Junior Member+

Quote:
As per information, JAM Exam is for M.Sc course not for MCA course. MCA entrance examination are TANCET, SRMEEE, VITEEE, MHA MCA.
16th March 2015, 11:26 PM
sachin200792

JAM exam is for the candidates who are looking to do M.Sc., M.Sc.-M.Tech., MS. from IITs or IISC Bangalore. Since you have done BCA you are not eligible to take the exam. Only B.Sc. students are eligible to take this exam and get admission in one of these institutes.

For further information on admission process, you might want to refer to the admission brochure:
http://www.iitg.ernet.in/jam2015/pdfs/JAM2015_Brochure.pdf
17th March 2015, 09:44 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I am afraid to say that you can not sit for JAM exam 2015 anymore as the registration procedure of the exam is over and the exam got conducted on February 08, 2015 (Sunday). But there's no need to lose heart over it. You can prepare for the exam and sit for the exam next year.

But if you have already given the exam and awaiting the result then tell me tell you that the results will come out on March 19, 2015 (Thursday).

If anyone wants to opt for masters degree or PhD degree from reputed institutes like IITs then one needs to sit for JAM or Joint Admission Test which is an All India examination. Apart from applying for MSc or PhD there are several other programmes to opt for like Joint M.Sc-Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D. dual degree, M.Sc-M.Tech., M.Sc-M.S. and so on.

The eligibility criteria for this exam usually differs from one institute to the other:-

For IISc Bangalore: At graduation level you need to have first class if you are a general or OBC category candidate and at least 50% of marks if you are an SC/ST or PWD candidate.

For all other IITs: You need to get at least 55% of marks without rounding off by taking all the subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined into account.

For SC/ST and PwD Category candidates the percentage to attain is 50% in aggregate.

As far as the exam pattern is concerned the questions are set for the exam from the following seven papers: Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA) , Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH).

Basically objective type of questions will be asked and questions are set in three formats which are as follows:-
  • Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
  • Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
  • Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
In the MCQ type questions you need to only choose the right answer from the four options given. The MSQ type questions are slightly different where there can be one or more right answer from the four choices given. And lastly, the NAT is the numerical questions where the answer needs to be given by you and there will be no choices to assist you.
12th May 2015, 08:54 AM
bablu kumar 121
Junior Member+

Dear aspirant

Yes BCA pass out students are eligible for JAM........you can get admission in MCA program.
Just try to crack this with good rank to get counciling in Better college or university .
Its form will come in month of June -July.
26th May 2015, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Am an BCA student i've successfully completed my 2nd year with 62% am seeking for PG in IIT do am eligible for JAM entrance exam please replay
23rd February 2018, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello everyone, I have Eng, Mass communication, environmental sc, computer sci, data entry operation subjects in 12th from. Open schooling after that i do bca can i get eligibility to do mca from iit?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?