31st March 2015, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course?

Hello Friends,
I would like to know that if a student does not get
job after completion of the course, then can the
Bank forcefully recover the money from the Guarantor?
Please let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan? -- [New]
  2. How Education Loan scheme works? Any bank provides cash payment to students or it is done directly to institute?
  3. Financial assistance to complete BE course?
  4. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA in Abroad? Procedure to apply for Education Loan?
  5. What is the syllabus and pattern for RBI Young Scholar Exam? Previous years question papers of it? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  7. Detailed information about Banks who offers Education Loan for B.Tech programme through COMEDK? Can I get Education Loan without appearing in any entrance exam?
  8. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  9. Schemes provided by Banks for Education Loan to study in B.Tech?
  10. Whether Banks offer Education Loan to study M.Tech through GATE scorecard?
  11. For NPTI PG Diploma course banks will provide education loan or not?
  12. Which Banks provide Education Loan for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year student?
  13. In case of CA course how bank will pay the loan amount directly to ICAI? Documents to be submitted to bank and ICAI?
  14. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MS in Canada
  15. Can't I avail Education Loan facilities without Guarantor and IT proof?
  16. Different Education Loan Schemes of banks for MBA education?
  17. Am i eligible to avail education loan from Banks? What is the procedure? I am a B.Tech in Sastra University
  18. Which Banks provide Education Loan upto Rs. 7.5 Lakhs without collateral security?
4th April 2015, 06:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course?

If a student does not get job after completion of the course, then the bank will do the following :-

- First of all, it will wait for six months and then contact the student.
- It will ask the student to pay a certain installment of loan repayment every month. The installment depends on various factors like loan amount, interest rate, etc.
- If the student is unable to give an assurance of such repayment, it will contact the co-borrower which is usually the student's father or mother.
- If the loan amount is not recovered, then it will contact the guarantor and ask him/her to make some arrangements for the family to repay loan or repay the loan.
- If the guarantor denies, then it will go for legal action.
11th April 2015, 04:10 PM
SmilyRishu

Default Re: Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course?

When you apply for the education loan then bank will provide you one year duration to find you a job after completion of your study. You have to repay the bank after on year of completion your study. You have to repay the education loan in the installments. Bank offers you so many installment plans and you have to choose one that you comfortably fulfill. But if you are unable to pay the installment then bank will definitely take a legal action against you or guarantor.
12th April 2015, 12:42 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Talking Re: Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friends,
I would like to know that if a student does not get
job after completion of the course, then can the
Bank forcefully recover the money from the Guarantor?
Please let me know immediately.

If the student does not get the Job after the completion of his Course then Bank gives the Student one more year of the time to start repaying the bank loan with the interest. If then also the candidate failed to repay the loan with the interest then only in this case the bank will approach to the Guarantor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?