2nd July 2015, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

i have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering as i want to do btech in computers or IT is it possible please answer me soon i have too much interest in computers

2nd July 2015, 09:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

No, it is not possible to take admission in B.Tech IT or Computer Science Engineering after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. You need to pursue B.Tech course in same stream in which you have pursued Diploma course. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
3rd July 2015, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering as i want to do btech in computers or IT is it possible please answer me soon i have too much interest in computers
You have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering so you are not eligible for B.Tech course in CSE or IT.

You can apply B.Tech course in only Mechanical Engineering subject.

So you have no chance to do B.tech degree in CSE or IT.
3rd July 2015, 04:51 PM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

Hi................,

As you have completed diploma course in Mechanical engineering you can not take admission in B.tec in IT Department. Rather I will suggest you to do some other computer course which will help you in future. These courses are done at private colleges and university both at India and abroad.
1> Computing in Arts.
2> Computing in Cognative Science
3> Computing and culture in digital age
4> Programming like C, C++, Java
5> Unix Tool and scripting course
6> Object Oriented programming course.

Thanks
3rd July 2015, 09:04 PM

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello friend,

As you completed diploma in mechanical stream its not possible for you to pursue B.Tech in CS.
Since you have interest in computers i suggest you to take some computer courses in any institutions and apply job under that domain.

Thank you,
23rd July 2016, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Yes you can do btech in different branch only in punjab technical university and kurukhshetra university... But the btech will be tough...with respect to other state technical university
11th August 2019, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch from mechanical to computer or IT, after diploma for degree admission
13th June 2020, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer after completing diploma in metallurgy engineering
13th June 2020, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in metallurgy engineering
20th August 2020, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in metallurgy engineering?
28th December 2021, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in plastics technology..can i do computer science engineering in b.tech..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?