28th July 2015, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

What subjects should I choose in A levels to study ACCA/CA in abroad?

What should I choose in A levels to study ACCA/CA in abroad. If I choose accounting and maths is it okay? or do I have to take economics/business?

24th July 2023, 02:29 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: What subjects should I choose in A levels to study ACCA/CA in abroad?

Choosing the right A-levels for ACCA/CA can be a daunting task, but it's important to choose subjects that will give you a strong foundation in accounting and finance. Both accounting and maths are essential subjects for ACCA/CA, so you're on the right track there.
Economics and business can also be helpful, but they're not essential. If you're interested in these subjects, then by all means take them, but don't feel like you have to in order to be successful in ACCA/CA.
Most important A-levels for ACCA/CA:
  • This is the most important subject for ACCA/CA, so it's essential that you take it. Accounting A-level will teach you the basics of accounting, such as double-entry bookkeeping, financial statements, and auditing.

• Maths is also an important subject for ACCA/CA, as it will help you develop your problem-solving skills and your understanding of financial concepts. Maths A-level will teach you topics such as algebra, calculus, and statistics.

• Economics can be a helpful subject for ACCA/CA, as it will teach you about the economic environment in which businesses operate. Economics A-level will teach you topics such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, and international trade.

• Business studies can also be a helpful subject for ACCA/CA, as it will teach you about the basics of business management. Business studies A-level will teach you topics such as marketing, operations management, and human resource management.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

In addition to these subjects, you may also want to consider taking some other subjects that will help you develop your critical thinking skills and your communication skills. These subjects could include English, history, or politics.
Ultimately, the best A-levels for ACCA/CA are the ones that you're interested in and that you're good at. If you're not sure which subjects to take, you can speak to your school's guidance counselor or to an ACCA/CA tutor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?