3rd May 2013, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

How should I become a Pilot? I am doing matric

I'm doing my matric and i would realy love to know where do i go from here if i NEED to be a pilot?

3rd May 2013, 10:50 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I become a Pilot? I am doing matric

Dear,

you want to become a pilot after matriculation then you must join in Indian air force.
Indian Air Force is the Air Arm of the Indian Armed Forces having branches for day to day operations.

In Indian Air Force three branches are available.they are

Flying branch
Technical branch
Ground duty branch

After passing matriculation you may join Flying Branch of Indian Air Force after clearing National Defence academy(NDA) examination conducted by the commission (UPSC) followed by intellligence and personality test by the Service Selection Board(SSB) of candidates who qualify in the written examination.

Union Public Service Commission:
It conducts the written examination twice in a year,for admission in army,navy and airforce wings of NDA and for admission in B.E/B.Tech course by Indian Naval Academy.

Eligibility criteria:

-->you must be an Indian

-->you must pass matriculation with physics and mathematics.

-->Age limit must 16 1/2 year to 19 years.

Physical standards:

-->Height must be 162.5cms with relaxation of 5cms to the individuals belonging to hills of north eastern regions of India.

-->eye sight must be distant vision 6/6.

You have apply online for this examination at UPSC website after seeing advertisement or UPSC website.
The following websites are useful for you.

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

http://www.nda.nic.in/

All the best..............
3rd May 2013, 11:17 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm doing my matric and i would realy love to know where do i go from here if i NEED to be a pilot?
For doing job in Indian Air-force you can apply for NDA(National Defense Academy) Exam.For appearing in this exam you will have to meet these Eligibility :-

Educational qualification :-
-->>Your minimum qualification should be Intermediate/10+2 passed out from recognized board/university.
-->>Your subject in 10+2 should be Science with Mathematics and Physics.

NOTE :- You can also apply for this exam if you will be in the Final year.

Martial Status :- You should be Unmarried.

Gender :- Only Indian Male Candidates can apply for this exam.

-->>Your minimum age should be 16.5 years.
-->>Your age should not be above 19 years.

Exam Pattern :-
~There will be two sets.
~Each set will include 3 sections.
~Total duration for each set will be 2 hours.

SET 1
  • General Knowledge.
  • English Language.
  • Reasoning.
SET II
  • Physics.
  • Chemistry.
  • Mathematics.
So to get this job you will have to complete your 10+2 education with science stream having Mathematics and Physics.

For job Advertisement you will have to visit its official website -->> UPSC .

3rd May 2013, 04:19 PM
goelgaurav29
Member+

YOU NEED A PASS IN THE CBSE EXAM FOR PHYSICS AND MATHS IN CLASS XII FOR THAT

it's really really nice to see someone interested in my field

anyways the first thing you need to do is to get the list of doctors who are elligible to take a medical examination on you as per the rules of the D.G.C.A

then take your class II medical exam with him
after he declares you fit

then you can submit your name for classI medical which makes you elligible for pursuing a course in piloting

generally the rush in this field is so much and ppl are so-what you call ludicrous nature over their fake sweet nature

i mean the competition in this field is too much,(but it's not mentioned because the fees is so much in this field)
that class I centres are flooded with so many applicants and you wont be able to get a date for the examination till the next year i.e 2009 since you are in the XII grade

anyways when you get your class I done
then search for a flying school of your choice and the fees you can pay

the fees for flying schools in
india is 16-17 lakhs
phillipines 15-16 lakhs
america 18-20 lakhs
australia 20-25 laks

the authenticity of the flying schools increases as you go down this list
you can mortgage your property that your parentz own(of course you dont) for the bank loan etc etc

for any other details plz contact me or add me in ur messenger

the process has just begun for you my frnd.........and it's too brain wringing because i have just gone thru the process of applying and waiting endlessly for my class I
3rd May 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

hi,so u wanna become a pilot...,then u have to complete your 2 above 65% in all subjets the main subjects are maths,physic,computer.after completing 2.there are lots of aviaton colleges in india and abroad.u have to choose the correct aviation colleges.in india it takes 2 years 2 complete the pilot training.but in abroad the course duration is less.it depends on the country and aviation colleges. in india u can choose igura pilot training academy.if u r planning to study in abroad,choose the country,in which country u r going to move for pilot training.according to my opinion u can choose the training in abroad bcoz if u complete the pilot training u can get the internship to work as first officer.

so my brother i gave u the idea.its up to u now.all the best for ur flying future.
3rd May 2013, 05:20 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I am sorry to say that after passing 10th you are not eligible for pilot.

If you want to become pilot you have to pass 11th and 12th with:-
> Physics
> Chemistry
> Maths.

After passing 12th you have to qualify the N.D.A exam.

After qualify the N.D.A exam you can join Indian Air Force Pilot.

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY

N.D.A. Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice.

Eligibility criteria for N.D.A exam:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board.
> Age limit should be above 16.5year and below 19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit (no major surgery)

There are three stages of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(II), 2013
Date Of Notification:-04.05.2013
Last date of submission of form:-03.06.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam:-11.08.2013 (SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsv.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
3rd May 2013, 09:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all opt for Physics, Chemistry and Maths in 10+2 if you want to become a Pilot in future.

Without Physics and Maths in 10+2 you will not be eligible to become Pilot.

You haven't mentioned which Pilot you want to become Commercial Pilot or Fighter Pilot?

If you want to become Air Force Pilot then you can apply for NDA Examination after 10+2 with PCM. The age limit is 16.5 to 19 years and you must be unmarried male. The selection will be based on the Objective type paper, SSB and Medical Examination.

For Commercial Pilot you have to first apply for SPL( Students Pilot License) after 10+2 with PCM. In SPL you will have to appear for Aptitude test for Pilot. Age should be between 18 to 30 years for Commercial Pilot. Eyesight should be 6/6 and height should be minimum 5 feet.

After passing SPL you can enrol for Private Pilot License. It will have practical and theory examinations. You have to do practical flying with Instructor and then solo flying without Instructor.

After passing PPL you will enter the Commercial Pilot License. This will be the last stage to become a Pilot. This will have rigorous training of long duration which will make you eligible to become a Commercial pilot in Airlines.

For more information visit following websites:

-For Commercial Pilot http://www.dgca.nic.in

-For Air Force Pilot http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?