29th July 2015, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?

Sir/ Madam,
I gave ISC exam this year. I was from Humanities background. My subjects and marks are as follows: English-83; Bengali-86; Political science-76; Mathematics-74; Economics-74; Geography-88.
I have decided to study Geography honours. The colleges in my town are offering both BA and BSc degree in Geography. If I want to study BSc Geography I will have to keep Maths as a general paper. But I am not so good in Maths, especially Calculus part, which is the main syllabus in general paper. Geography too has many practical and so I'm worried that if I don't get time for doing Maths.
So I want to know that what are the extra facilities that one will get if she does BSc in Geography? What are the career opportunities after BA geography? What will be the difference in future if one does BSc instead of BA?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Purbita Sanyal

20th March 2017, 04:37 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Difference between BA in Geography and B.Sc. in Geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/ Madam,
I gave ISC exam this year. I was from Humanities background. My subjects and marks are as follows: English-83; Bengali-86; Political science-76; Mathematics-74; Economics-74; Geography-88.
I have decided to study Geography honours. The colleges in my town are offering both BA and BSc degree in Geography. If I want to study BSc Geography I will have to keep Maths as a general paper. But I am not so good in Maths, especially Calculus part, which is the main syllabus in general paper. Geography too has many practical and so I'm worried that if I don't get time for doing Maths.
So I want to know that what are the extra facilities that one will get if she does BSc in Geography? What are the career opportunities after BA geography? What will be the difference in future if one does BSc instead of BA?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Purbita Sanyal

The B.A Geography course will be mainly focusing on human geography; it focuses on developments, populations, political and sociology aspects. The B.Sc Geography is a Physical Geography; it focuses on rivers, rocks, coasts, glaciations, mountains etc. Mostly the B.A Geography is easier than a B.Sc Geography course. The B.Sc Geography trained students towards physical and natural science aspects of geography. The B.A Geography students will be trained in the social sciences and humanities. The above given are the main difference between the two courses.
25th August 2018, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

My name is akila i have completed MA Bed English. Now i joint BA Georgraphy Or BSC Geography Which one is best? And then Already completed BEd to english . Now this BEd also eligible to Geography or Not eligible please give the suggestion .
4th November 2018, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class XI and I want to do geography honours in future. Is it necessary to have maths for geography honours?
14th July 2019, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

In ba honours in geography we will be study physical geography
16th October 2019, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Is economics is necessary for bcs honours in geography?
19th October 2019, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I study geography Hons. BSc. without having mathematics in 12th class ? My combination is : geography, economics, evs , philosophy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?