28th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I science student opt for B.Sc in Geography without studying Geography in +2?

Experts please do explain me that can a science student without studying geography in +2 opt for bsc in geography or not? I mean to study of geography bsc hons.

29th May 2015, 10:52 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I science student opt for B.Sc in Geography without studying Geography in +2?

Yes, definitely you can do Bsc honors.
See, the eligibility for the BSc course is as follows-

>> Intermediate course from a recognized school/board in India.

>> Also, separate colleges provide their separate cut off list and based on that percentage criteria you will be allotted the course.

So, keep this thing out of your mind that if a student does not has Geography in +2, the he/she cannot get this course.

We have many examples of science students opting for B.com in economics inspite of having the science subjects in their intermediate.

So, do not worry and start applying for the courses before the seats get filled.
30th May 2015, 06:07 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I science student opt for B.Sc in Geography without studying Geography in +2?

Definitely you are eligible for BSC geography but its a little bit difficult to study the subject in under graduation because you don't know even a single word of geography but if you are hard worker than you can handle it easily but i suggests you continue your studies with your subjects

One more thing some of reputed colleges have their own entrance test so you must need to clear the test first but you don't know anything in geography so its not possible to clear the test. Take admission in those college which one are providing admission on the behalf of 12th class marks
17th May 2017, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I science student opt for B.Sc in Geography without studying Geography in 2?

Sir I have interest to do m. Sc geography.. Is it possible to do m. Sc geography with b. Sc stat background..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?