24th October 2015, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Which is better to opt among B.Sc and B.Tech for study PhD in Biotechnology?

Sir/Mam,
I am the student of 11th standard and I have got 9.2 CGPA in 10th. I want to do PhD in Biotechnology but I am confused. How to do it? What should I take, B.Sc side or B.Tech side my main aim is to do PhD in Biotechnology.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
  2. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing PhD in BioTechnology after BDS and BSc Microbiology?
  4. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  5. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  6. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in Ph.D?
  7. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  8. What are the career options available for a non medical student excluding engineering?
  9. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  10. List of reputed universities which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India?
  11. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  12. What are the career opportunities available after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?
  13. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  14. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?
  15. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  16. How to opt for BSc Biotechnology from Lucknow University?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria to do PhD in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is M.Sc mandatory after B.Sc to do Ph.D in Biotechnology?
29th September 2016, 12:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to opt among B.Sc and B.Tech for study PhD in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,
I am the student of 11th standard and I have got 9.2 CGPA in 10th. I want to do PhD in Biotechnology but I am confused. How to do it? What should I take, B.Sc side or B.Tech side my main aim is to do PhD in Biotechnology.

The three year B.Sc Biotechnology is like any other science subject and the students can study M.Sc in Biotechnology and take up research (PhD) after M.Sc Biotechnology. So you can choose B.Sc in Biotechnology in graduation in order to do PhD in Biotechnology in future. The candidate can choose B.Sc Biotechnology, if he wants to pursue a career in research in areas such as genetic engineering, stem cell, plant biotechnology, molecular biology etc. One can choose B.Sc Biotechnology over B.Tech Biotechnology for studying PhD in Biotechnology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?