23rd December 2015, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MBBS course after completion of graduation with biotechnology?

Hello..

Im Pooja..i have done my 12th science and then went for biotechnology graduation..now i hv completed my graduation in present year
Now i wish to pursue MBBS.So could you guide me with the procedures of how to apply, the subjects and every minute detail of it...
waitin for the answer, thnk u

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completion of graduation and post graduation in Biotechnology?
  2. Is it a better choice for me to join MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  3. Is it better to do job after BSc Biotech? Is it necessary to do masters after that?
  4. What are the post graduation course I can do after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?
  5. Procedure to pursue MBBS after Graduation being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  6. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  7. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Ph.D integration course in Mathematics in IIT after completion of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  8. Am I eligible for MBBS course at an age of 24 having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  9. Can I be eligible for B.Ed course after completion of MSc Animal Biotechnology
  10. How to become a Doctor after completing 12th Standard?
  11. Which Exams should I attempt to join MBBS after completion of PG in Biotechnology? Required Eligibility criteria to join this course?
  12. Can I do post graduation in Forensic Science after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  13. Can I pursue MBBS after completion of BSc Biotech?
  14. How to get a good job after passing Biotech?
  15. Can I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in US after doing MBBS in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Future after doing post graduation in Biotechnology? Why Biotechnology is not introduce at +2 level?
  17. Biotechnology companies in India? Options after completion of graduation in Biotechnology Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?

23rd December 2015, 08:47 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MBBS course after completion of graduation with biotechnology?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

You can apply for entrance exam of MBBS course. Eligibility criteria for entrance exams of MBBS are:

1. Academic Qualification:

You must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

Subjects combination: Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English.

Minimum percentage of marks in 10+2: 50%.

2. Age limit:

Minimum age limit: 17 years.

Maximum age limit: 25 years on 31st December of year of exam.

You can apply for AIPMT, AIIMS exam etc if you meet above criteria. You can apply for AIPMT at present at www.aipmt.nic.in

23rd December 2015, 09:00 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MBBS course after completion of graduation with biotechnology?

You can apply for MBBS entrance exam if you satisfy age criteria for entrance exams. The minimum age limit for MBBS entrance exam is 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years on 31st December of year of exam.

Other than age criteria, you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.

You can apply for AIPMT, AIIMS or State Level PMTs if you meet age criteria.

Procedure to apply:

You can apply for exam at official website of concerned examination conducting authority. For example at present, you can apply for AIPMT exam at http://www.aipmt.nic.in

24th December 2015, 06:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligble for MBBS course but you have fulfill below given criteria first.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years

List of entrance exams :

AIIMS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences
AFMC - Armed Forces Medical College Exam
AIPMT - All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination
AIPGDET - All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Test
AIPGMET - All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test
AIPVT - All India Pre Veterinart Test
Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical Entrance Exam
Christian Medical College Ludhiana Entrance Test
Manipal PMT - Manipal Pre Medical Test
UPCAT - Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test
UPCPMT - Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test
PIMS - Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences
KLE UGAIET - KLE University Under Graduate All India Entrance Test

24th December 2015, 07:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is a five year course after 10+2.

The admission in course is through entrance examination conducted by various institutes. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB and English.

There is also limitation on aggregate in 10+2 and age for some of entrance examination.

So, if you have all the above qualification, you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in MBBS course.

Some of entrance examination conducted for admission in courses are AIPMT, AIIMS MMBS, JIPMER, State PMT etc...

25th December 2015, 03:00 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you really want to become a MBBS, then below mentioned are few things that you should keep in mind in order to pursue the course.

To become a MBBS doctor, a candidate is required to appear for Medical Competitive Examination regulated by the Medical Council of India(MCI).

Eligibility for appearing in entrance examination:

1. Candidate must have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their compulsory subjects

2. Candidates who are appearing for the +2 level of exam are also eligible for the test.

3. Minimum percentage required in +2 examination varies from Institutes to Institutes, however, in most cases a minimum of 50% marks is considered

4. The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the the time of applying for the examination.

Following are the list of Medical Entrance Exam for MBBS programs in India:

1.All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination - AIPMT Exam

2.All India Institute of Medical Sciences - AIIMS Entrance Exam

3.Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences - AIMS Medical Exam

4.Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test - DUMET

5.Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science - MGIMS Medical Entrance

6.Manipal Pre Medical Test - Manipal PMT

7.Banaras Hindu University Medical Entrance Examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?