6th June 2016, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

IT diploma can be done after 10th? Direct admission in 2nd year IT engineering is possible?

Actually my sister's son is going to 10th std,, and he wanted to finish his 10th and do IT DIPLOMA, so can he do? Whether he can join directly in IT engineering in 2nd year or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma Chemical for 12th candidate with 48.15%?
  2. Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?
  3. College in Maharashtra for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering? Fee structure and possibility of direct admission in 2nd year?
  4. List of diploma colleges in Maharastra after 10th which offer direct admission in second year?
  5. Diploma colleges in Maharashtra providing direct admission? Direct admission in degree college is possible after Diploma?
  6. Procedure to take admission in direct 2nd year Diploma in maharashtra after 12th PCM?
  7. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  8. Cutoff marks for admission in direct 2nd year engineering in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if secured 85% in Diploma Civil?
  10. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 81% in final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Direct admission in 2nd year after Petrochemical Diploma?
  12. Can I get Direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if score good marks in first 2 years of Diploma in Electronics Engineering and escape 3rd year?
  13. How to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma engineering after doing ITI Diesel Mechanic?
  14. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch
  15. Where can I get admission in direct 2nd year after completing diploma from VJTI with 73% in Mechanical Engineering
  16. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year of NPTI, Nagpur if secured 69.88% in Electrical Engineering Diploma course and having 1 year of worked experience?
  17. Possible to get direct admission in 2nd year after diploma in E&TC?
  18. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
8th June 2016, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IT diploma can be done after 10th? Direct admission in 2nd year IT engineering is possible?

Yes, IT diploma is definitely possible after class 10th through polytechnic entrance exam. On the basis of class 10th only first year admission is possible.
For admission in 2nd year you need to appear for lateral entry exam which is only available for those who have class 12th PCM or ITI qualification.
8th June 2016, 07:53 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IT diploma can be done after 10th? Direct admission in 2nd year IT engineering is possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually my sister's son is going to 10th std,, and he wanted to finish his 10th and do IT DIPLOMA, so can he do? Whether he can join directly in IT engineering in 2nd year or not?

Yes, you can do Diploma in Information Technology after 10th standard. The admission will be based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in various polytechnic colleges like;

- A.V.C. Polytechnic College - Official Website
- Apollo Polytechnic College - Official Website
- Muthayammal Polytechnic College - Official Website

Yes, it is possible to get the B.Tech through lateral entry (2nd year directly) after Diploma in Information Technology. The aspirant has to apply for the lateral entry admission and appear for an entrance examination for the admission. If you are selected then you will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the B.Tech course.
8th June 2016, 08:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate who have completed 10th standard with minimum qualifying marks from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Diploma course in IT. To get admission in Diploma course, you must have to appear and qualify state level Polytechnic entrance examination which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. After completion of your three years Diploma course in IT stream, definitely you can get admission in second year of IT engineering course through Lateral Entry admission process.
9th June 2016, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 10th standard, you can apply for Diploma course. But you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of Diploma course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or ITI course from a recognized board are eligible for diploma course in 2nd year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?