23rd November 2016, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for M.Tech in aerospace after B.Tech in mechanical?

I am doing B.Tech in mechanical and want to do M.Tech in aerospace. Can I go for it? If yes, then will I get pilot licence and after that now I can join NASA as an astronaut?

23rd November 2016, 10:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for M.Tech in aerospace after B.Tech in mechanical?

Yes, definitely you can go for M.Tech in Aerospace after the completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University are eligible to pursue M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

After completion of your Post Graduation degree, you should then complete your Ph.D degree in any of Astrophysics, Geophysics, Metaphysics etc.
Then appear in the entrance examination conducted by NASA, qualifying in which you can successfully join NASA.
24th November 2016, 11:25 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.Tech in mechanical and want to do M.Tech in aerospace. Can I go for it? If yes, then will I get pilot licence and after that now I can join NASA as an astronaut?

Yes, you can study M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. You can apply to the colleges for the M.Tech, the eligibility will be a pass in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with 60% marks. The admission to the M.Tech Aerospace Engineering will be done through an entrance test like GATE. The course is available in IITs and in various engineering colleges like

IIT Madras - Official Website

Jain University - Official Website

Manipal Institute of Technology - Official Website

SRM University - Official Website
24th November 2016, 08:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech mechanical engineering stream is a core engineering stream, therefore you can surely apply for M.Tech aerospace course through exams like GATE or any state level engineering entrance exam.

In aerospace stream, same principles and theories are used as in mechanical engineering. So, you are definitely eligible for admission in such stream.
24th November 2016, 08:44 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for M.Tech in Aerospace after completion of your B.Tech in Mechanical as there is no such option for it.

You should have opted for B.Tech in Aerospace engineering and then you could opt for GATE examination and then get admission in the above mentioned course.
24th November 2016, 10:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering candidates are not eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech degree in Aerospace Engineering from a recognized university are eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
26th November 2016, 04:54 AM
bhanu8999

Yes you can join M tech in Aerospace after completing B tech in Mechanical. Most people studied B tech in Aerospace consider this better.

Regarding pilot license you need to quality all the requirements to get.

To be a NASA astronaut you need to have US citizenship either by birth or through the US government.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?