4th March 2012, 06:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for GATE Exam after completion of Engineering course from IGNOU?

I m doing b.tech engg in IGNOU(indira gandhi national open uni.), it's UGC aprooved. Can i eligible for GATE exame.

from
Jaypalsinh gohil (surat)

4th March 2012, 11:47 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for GATE Exam after completion of Engineering course from IGNOU?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for GATE Exam after completion of Engineering course from IGNOU. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by GATE committee which constitute Professionals from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs(Indian Institute of Management).

One should have completed Engineering with any of the stream in order to be eligible for this exam.

The candidates will be given admission for M.Tech course in various colleges all over India by cracking this Exam.

There is no specific age limit required for the candidates to apepar for this Exam. One can opt for this Exam at any age.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for this exam. One can appear for this Exam as many times as he wanted.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering can also take this Exam.

So, you can appear for this exam in the final year of your Engineering course.

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score card whichever is better in order to get admissison for this course.

Have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

For updated information on GATE Exam, you can visit
http://gate.iitk.ac.in/gate2012/
14th May 2012, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible for GATE Exam after completion of Engineering course from IGNOU?

i have completed my inter and want to join in b.z.c
can i write gate exam
wat could be my option after it?
2nd June 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for joining viep in ignou
16th June 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

can i go for mtech in aerospace if i do btech aerospace in IGNOU approved college
6th February 2014, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i write the gate exam after complete the B.TEC Civil through the distance education of K.S.O.U?
But,will be not mention in my cirtificate as correspontance course.
So,possible for write this Exam?
regards
vijay
8th February 2014, 11:16 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) every year in order to give admission for the candidates into M.Tech course.

It is not at all a problem for you of pursuing your Engineering course from IGNOU. The candidates who have completed their Engineering from IGNOU are eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

Not only for GATE Exam, you are eligible to apply for several Entrance Exams and competitive Exams also.

The candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

You did not mention particular academic year of Engineering course that you are pursuing. If you are in final year of Engineering, then I suggest you to apply for GATE Exam this year itself.

There is no particular age limit required for the candidates to apply for GATE Exam. You don't need to worry about this also.

As per number of attempts,

There is no limit on number of attempts for GATE Exam. You can take this exam as many times as you wanted but you should have to possess the required academic qualification.

In addition, the validity of GATE score card is for 2 years. If you are not able to get admission in a good college with a GATE score, then you are having the opportunity to try to get admission with the same GATE score in the next academic year.

So, have good preparation for GATE Exam and crack it.

Try to get admission for M.Tech course in a top college so that you will be having the benefit in terms of campus placements.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?