23rd September 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Is it possible to do mtech from gate with petroleum or aerospace engg. If i have completed btech with mechanical engg.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  2. After B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering can I do M.Tech in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?
  3. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  4. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  5. Will there be any other Entrance Exams to join M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering being a candidate having not qualified in GATE Exam?
  6. Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?
  7. Is M.Tech in pipeline engineering good for electrical and electronics engineering?
  8. Which are the courses offered after passing B.Tech? How to get into Petroleum industry?
  9. Is is good to do M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering from Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University? Gujarat? Is the certificate from this university good or valid outside?
  10. Is Aerospace Industry Good For Career and Evergreen?
  11. Is M.Tech in Pipeline Engineering good for an EEE student? Is there any job scope in it?
  12. Can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme if pursuing M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering? -- [New]
  13. Required Rank to get in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering in IIT?
  14. Can I do mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I apply through GATe for M.Tech in Environmental engineering? I want to do M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
  16. Is it better to take aerospace engineering after Mechanical engineering?
  17. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after doing B.Tech in Electrical and Communication
  18. Can I apply for GATE for M.Tech Environmental course?
24th September 2011, 03:18 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Dear Friend

You can surely join any of these courses
(M.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering/Aerospace Engineering)
after doing B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.

You can appear GATE with Mechanical Engineering paper and apply for
M.Tech. in Petroleum/Aerospace engineering.

For Aerospace Engineering the best colleges would be
IIT Kanpur, Madras, Khargpur and Bombay.

For Petroleum Engineering the best college would be
ISM Dhanbad.

The admission to M.Tech. program at IITs and ISM Dhanbad
is done on the basis of GATE score only.

The application process for GATE has already been started.

Kindly visit the following link to apply for GATE.
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2012/gateonline.php
24th September 2011, 03:55 PM
sairamkarthik

Default Re: Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

ya it is possible but you have to leran some basiscs so that it will be easy for you
24th September 2011, 08:32 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend you are very much eligible for this stream in M.Tech. And you can do it from any one of the following IITs and the other institutes.

Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore

Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay

Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Guahati

Indian Institute of Technology,Roorkee

Indian Institute of Technology,Madras

Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

VIT Master's Entrance Examination (VITMEE)

The websites are given below from where you can contact :

http://www.vit.ac.in
and
http://www.iitm.ac.in

all the best.
24th September 2011, 08:35 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend you are very much eligible for this stream in M.Tech. And you can do it from any one of the following IITs and the other institutes.

Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore

Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay

Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Guahati

Indian Institute of Technology,Roorkee

Indian Institute of Technology,Madras

Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

VIT Master's Entrance Examination (VITMEE)

The websites are given below from where you can contact :

http://www.vit.ac.in
and
http://www.iitm.ac.in

all the best.
30th November 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

can i get into petroleum field after studing B.E E.C.E?if yes then what are the post graduaation cources i can join to get into the petroleum field after finishing my B.E E.C.E?
5th December 2011, 01:56 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to do mtech from gate with petroleum or aerospace engg. If i have completed btech with mechanical engg.
hi,
of course you can do M.Tech in aerospace engineering after doing bachelo in mechanical.

for petroleum, criteria differs for every college. so you need to first check with the college in which you are interested.

best luck.
29th March 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

is it possible for me to get into M.Tech in Petroleum or Petrochem after BE in EnTC??
8th April 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

IF IS POSSIBLE DOING M.TECH Environmental Engineering After completed B.tech Mechanical Engineering
6th May 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to join m.tech petroleum engineering through gate exam having completed b.tech petroleum
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?