22nd August 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

List of universities offering admission in PhD for Masters in Physics with 54.5% holder? Entrance exams to do PhD?

I have done Masters in Physics and got 54.5% marks. I want to know which are the universities providing admission in PhD at this score? Entrance exams to do PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  2. List of universities in UK offering Masters and PhD in Communication?
  3. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of entrance exams available for PhD after M.Sc Physics? How much fellowship I can get?
  5. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  6. List of universities which offer PhD in Politics in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  7. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  8. Universities offering PhD in Herbal Chemistry in Gujarat? List of entrance exams for admission?
  9. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy through entrance exams?
  10. List of universities offering PhD in Biophysics in India? -- [New]
  11. Universities offering Ph.D in Veterinary? List of entrance exams for admission?
  12. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD(Computer Science) in Abroad with scholarship? List of universities for admission?
  13. List of universities which offer PhD in Tourism?
  14. Universities offering PhD in Physical Education in Jaipur? List of entrance exams for admission?
  15. Which all universities are offering PhD in Home Science? From where admission starts?
  16. List of institutes with fee structure which offer Integrated PhD in Physics for B.Sc 1st year candidate? Course duration and entrance exams to get admission?
  17. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  18. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
1st September 2017, 01:00 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: List of universities offering admission in PhD for Masters in Physics with 54.5% holder? Entrance exams to do PhD?

The general eligibility criteria for a candidate to do PhD in Physics is that, he/she must have to complete master's degree in Physics with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Since your marks is below 55%, so your are not eligible for PhD course.
However you can do PhD in Physics from IGNOU (Indra Gandhi National Open University).
1st September 2017, 11:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of universities offering admission in PhD for Masters in Physics with 54.5% holder? Entrance exams to do PhD?

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for the Ph.D course after the completion of Masters in Physics with only 54.5% of marks in it as you are not eligible according to the requirement of the course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
Eligible candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination to get admission in different Colleges to pursue Ph.D course.
3rd September 2017, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done Masters in Physics and got 54.5% marks. I want to know which are the universities providing admission in PhD at this score? Entrance exams to do PhD?
Your masters degree marks is below 55% so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?